Google Chrome 11.0.696.57 - Final

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AvinashR, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Sorry! Can't help at all. Maybe you could try asking at http://www.google.com/support/chrome/ or at a forum dedicated to Java. Hope you get it sorted out!

3. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks man will have a look!

Cheers.

4. Trooper

Bummer. Will check it out tonight. Cheers.

5. Daveski17

It seems to work anyway. Just click on the official Java check site page. You will see a yellow drop-down just under the GUI. It looks pretty straightforward.

"Google Chrome errors and crashes: Blocked plug-ins Share Comment
    Plug-ins help browsers process special types of web content, like Flash or Windows Media files. Some plug-ins, such as Flash, are used by many websites on the Internet. Other plug-ins are only used by a small number of sites. Since plug-ins can occasionally be a security risk, Google Chrome now blocks plug-ins that are not widely used. When this happens, you will see a message such as the following:

"The Java plug-in needs your permission to run."

You should only run the plug-in if you trust the website you are visiting (for example, your banking website might legitimately use a Java applet).

To let the plug-in run on the site, follow these steps:

To run the plug-in just this once, click Run this time in the message. The plug-in will run, but if you re-visit the site, you'll be asked for permission to run the plug-in again.
    To always allow the current site to run the plug-in, click Always run on this site. Subsequent visits to the site will run the plug-in without asking again."

6. Trooper

I noticed what you are talking about here last night. But even allowing the plugin, it still generated the error message in the picture I posted last night.

At work, I can do as you posted, and it works as it should. Maybe there is just something weird with javascript on x64 systems?

7. Daveski17

I'm not sure. It works on my 64 bit Win 7 desktop.

8. Trooper

So wait you did the above steps and its working? Do you have both 32 and 64 bit version of java installed?

9. Daveski17

Oh sorry, I should have been more explicit. I only have 32 bit Java installed. The fact of it is that I never really use IE 32 bit, let alone 64 bit. I've only just realised that there is an iTunes & QuickTime 64 bit (Doh!). Mind you, since I have reinstalled VLC I hardly ever use QuickTime & I only listen to the streamed radio on iTunes (& not often either).

10. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

So... version 11? Maybe when it reaches version 20 it will allow to view saved web pages. :ouch:

I actually need - I guess many more people - to have a secondary web browser just for that task. I guess Google doesn't mind sharing market share. :rolleyes:

11. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Trooper, I followed the steps described by Daveski17, which are found here: Google Chrome errors and crashes: Blocked plug-ins and it worked. I have both Java versions installed. Perhaps a review of Page tools: Plug-ins might be of help. Just FYI.

12. Trooper

Thanks a lot. Do you have yours set to run every time at this site? The weird thing is that it only happens on my home network. PC hardwired and Laptop on wireless. Google Chrome at home is fine. Its really strange.:doubt:

13. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Trooper, if you mean Wilders, unfortunately, no. My everyday browser is Firefox 4.0.1. I use Google and other stable version browsers (IE, Opera, Maxthon, etc.) to check newly designed Web sites and/or reworked pages to make sure they resolve properly, across a wide spectrum of browsers.

14. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Just updated. No major differences, except for the icon. Looks interesting to say the least, but I still prefer the old one.

15. Trooper

No I just meant at the java site. Guess I will just not worry about it unless it starts causing major issues.

My everyday browser is also Firefox 4.0.1 as well. :)

I'm just testing out Google Chrome for certain things and was trying to remedy the situation. Thanks for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.