Goodbye 3.0 - Back to 2.7 for me

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Builder32, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Builder32

Builder32 Registered Member

I have used NOD32 for over a year. My subscription expired recently so when I repaid I got the new 3.0 release (669). I installed it along with SP3 for XP on the same day. After I installed I noticed that every program that connected to the outside would stall for 10-12 seconds. I have VMWare on my machine as well so I fired up a virtual machine of XP to see if it had the same issue. It did not so I knew it was software related. I decided to live with it and I did so for over a week as I thought it might have been related to SP3.

This morning I decided to try something new. I removed NOD32 3.0 and viola! The 10-12 second stall was gone. So I reinstalled 2.7 and all is well. After reading all the posts here about problems with 3.0 I think eset has some work to do before it is ready for prime time use.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0 interfaces with the network stack at a much lower level than NOD32 v2.70 did, and it is possible the slowdown you saw in outgoing connections was the result of an issue between the new interface and other software on your system.

ESET's technical support department is good with troubleshooting these types of issues, and I would suggest you contact them to help resolve the issue. One thing you they will ask for is a log file from ESET SysInspector to help identify what might be conflicting with ESET NOD32 Antivirus, so you may wish to download that in advance and create a log file before you contact the technical support department to open a ticket.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I know it may be no consolation but I had Java slowdown issues initially with version 3. It finally turned out that I had a corrupt installation. The only thing that worked was to start over from ground zero and wipe everything Eset from the PC, registry and all. I then re-installed version 3 (and did not import my old settings file.) Once I did that, I've had no issues with version 3 at all...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  4. loser

loser Registered Member

try disabling web protection and http checking see if that helps.

i had the same problem but it was a constant slowdown and disabling those helped me.

only problem is, on reboot both are re-enabled so i dont know what you could do about that.

5. subyroo

subyroo Registered Member

I'm trialling version of v3.0.667.0 on my PC and it hangs from time to time and in some cases it even hangs to the point where I lose my patience after several minutes and reboot the machine, Alt - Ctrl - Delete won't even bring up the Windows Task Manager. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,
    would it be possible to generate a complete memory dump which would most likely reveal the cause of the issue?

You can either create a complete memory dump per the instructions here or use Userdump.exe to create a dump from ekrn only (a complete memory would be better in case the problem occurs outside of ekrn).

Instructions how to enable complete memory dumps can be found here.

7. brido

brido Registered Member

Hi, I have the same problem since 3.0.667, I got in touch with my local eset tech support and I passed the sysinspector and done all the test they asked me to do and send them by email, after the tech support analysed all the information a passed them, they told me that they have no idea why I have that problem and I should wait for the next version that maybe should solve it, so as soon as 669 came out I installed and guess what? I still have the same problem plus now Opera 9.51 stays with a blank page till it gives me error so I stop the AV and Opera worked fine, I had to go back to 2.7 and everythink works good. Next month I have to renew my suscription and I will not pay for using old versions, I hope till then that problem will be solved or else I will give Avira a try. By the way I´v been using nod for four years now with no problems till 3.0 but I will not pay for using old versions.

8. brido

brido Registered Member

Builder32 seems that there is no solution for us :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.