Good deal on a 3 year subscription to VPN Unlimited

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lotuseclat79, Feb 16, 2015.

1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

This is not the first time this VPN and this deal has come up on Wilders. It's so cheap, I'm tempted to buy subscription just because it's there. When I checked out the website, they really didn't give a lot of information but it is another VPN where you have to use the provided client software. Since I prefer to use vanilla OpenVPN, I'll pass for now. There is actually another deal for a far more interesting VPN at the bottom of the page for this one:

https://stacksocial.com/sales/anonymizer-universal-vpn-3-yr-subscription

This is a bit more money but is a big discount from the regular price. After reading the description of the service and a Wikipedia article on this VPN, I would much rather buy this one. It is older and set up differently from most other VPNs. The emphasis is on anonymity and not covering up torrent IPs. You get a different IP in the US each time you log on and can't chose servers or get in the habit of using one. It looks really simple but flexible and usable without proprietary client software.

3. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Thanks, I just bought it. I needed a cheap VPN to use when connecting to public wi-fi with the iphone.

4. GreenStreetHooligan

GreenStreetHooligan Registered Member

It is a good deal indeed though I cannot find much about their policies including the number of devices that can connect simultaneously.

5. MisterB

I believe there was something that said 5 devices but nothing about their logging policy.

6. dogbite

I am not worried about logging when connected with the phone, I mean the phone is a privacy killer anyway...So it was a no brainer for me. I was more interested in security when connecting to public wi-fi.

7. Sorry don't trust it. Privacy/Anonymity costs a few dollars these days.

So you need to spend wisely and as always do your research.

8. dogbite

9. MisterB

The $19 3 year deal is still there as an option.

The site has several discounted VPN subscription offers including Boleh, Anonymizer, TigerVPN, and NordVPN.

https://stacksocial.com/deals/web-services

It is worth checking. NordVPN sounds really interesting with double VPN and TOR over VPN and the price is great.

10. focus

focus Registered Member

I agree with this sentiment. There are some good deals for US customers shopping for EU VPN's now because of the $ exchange rate.

11. MisterB

I did some more checking, specifically on NordVPN and the Stacksocial website. NordVPN is based in Panama so is neither Eu or US. Due to EU data retention laws, active censorship of piracy related sites and other regulations, I really don't see the EU as any better as a jurisdiction for a VPN than the US right now. Both have their risks and advantages. The best thing would be to have more than one provider on both sides of the pond. I notice that there is a tendency of VPN providers to move to jurisdictions like Gilbralter and Panama these days.

Stacksocial is a sort of intermediary broker site for all sorts of web goods and services including VPNs. They've been having really good deals on VPNs and it looks like an ongoing thing. They are US based--Venice California specifically. It looks like you pay them and the VPN provider is paid though them. This could make it possible to use Vanilla Visa gift cards to buy VPNs outside the US. This is good for those of us in the US who don't have easy access to bitcoins and want to pay a VPN anonymously. It is definitely worth checking this site regularly if you're looking for a good discount on a VPN.

NordVPN sounds really interesting and looks like a much better deal overall than the $39 lifetime subscription. They look like a much more serious provider and have some interesting technologies like Tor over VPN at the server level. $39 for two years of quality is a much better deal than the same price for a lifetime subscription from a provider that is really vague about what their services really consist of on the technological level. Not to mention that they might not stay in business for the next three years. A lifetime subscription is pretty shaky proposition from a company that looks like a startup.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.