Good and Reliable Complementary Security Software to Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Aeolis, Apr 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Maybe Prevx.
    Panda cloud is a full AV (not to run along Avira since that may cause problems), about Immunet i´ve read some bad reviews here (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=296629&highlight=immunet), and about ThreatFire i´m under the impression that the development is stopped or slow...
    However, CIS gives you excelent preventive layers (HIPS, sandboxing...) that complement Avira protection. IMHO, if you want more protection a imaging program and running your browser always under Sandboxie is the way to go. Adding a DNS service would do no harm, and would also increase your protection. Adding another signature based real-time scanner will probably slow your system for just a little benefit. The above solutions will increase your security much more, with near zero system performance impact.:thumb:

Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Not everyone here speaks perfect English, nor is everything worded technically correct. I understood exactly what the OP was saying when he asked about improving the detection rate. You did too, I'm betting.
    Prevx as a standalone program has better detections than the version inside HMP. I believe it is due to an older engine in HMP.

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Yes, I knew what he was talking about. ;) I also know not everyone here speaks perfect english, never said I did. Though I don't understand why you would say such a thing. I may be young but definitely not that ignorant. lol :p

But sometimes the detection is somewhat similar (personal tests), which is why I said that.

4. Aeolis

Aeolis Registered Member

Hello follks,

Thank you very much for your attention and suggestions.

Thank you for you corrections too (@WinDefend).

If you have additional ideas or suggestions feel free to share it here.

See you later,

Aeolis

5. blasev

blasev Registered Member

If u're not confident with the free version. U can always but the premium version. Avira premium is very recommended

6. Kyle1420

Kyle1420 Registered Member

You could just stick with CIS and be perfectly safe.
    or, as others have mentioned Sandboxie. Once setup there is 0 pop-ups

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.