Gone back to using RVS 2010

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by kiwidave, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwidave

kiwidave Registered Member

Because I have an 8 year old PC,Single core 2ghz, I have noticed that rvsmon.exe (in 2011) is using around 90-99% cpu a lot of the time! While this would be more or less ok with a multi core pocessor, this really slows me down considerably and it will not let me stop process in task manager like you can in RVS 2010.
    So I have gone back to RVS 2010 Free even though I am a registered Home Lux user to March 2011.
    Is there any way I can carry on using Home Lux 2011 registered with using fewer resources?:mad:

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hello kiwidave,
    The issue with CPU use should not be happening with the latest version (REL7) so we need to investigate the issue further. Please install RSS 2011 over your current copy of RVS 2010 and then send us the following to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com:

RVS 2010:

* "C:\Windows\rvs3.log"
    * "C:\Windows\rvs3-inst.log"

RSS 2011:

The rvs3.log and rvs3.inst.log files in the following folder: "C:\Documents and Settings\all users\application data\returnil\rvs3\log"

All versions:

* MSINFO32 report**

**Click START > RUN > Type MSINFO32. On the System Information screen click FILE > Export and then save the file where you can find it to attach to your e-mail (DO NOT POST LOGS TO THE FORUMS).

Mike

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  3. kiwidave

Will do.Thanx.

4. kiwidave

Thank you,it worked.Thought i had the latest version (REL7).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.