Going to Largere Drives with RAID1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RobSchuff, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobSchuff

RobSchuff Registered Member

Hi Folks,

My Hard Drive is currently just about full and I need to move to a larger drive. I am curious about the best approach to use with my RAID1 system. I have not yet purchased TI, but am considering it if it will work. Here's my system config

Intel D865PERL
    P4 3.2GHz
    2GB RAM
    2 74GB WD Raptor SATA
    3Ware Escalade 8506-2 RAID Controller
    Windows XP Pro SP2 and all current updates

I have purchased 2 new 250GB SATA drives, and am wondering what the best appraoch is to move all of this over to my new drives. seems like I will have to do multiple steps to make it happen.

Any suggestions? Will TI work for this task?

thanks!

Rob

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rob,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You may plug the new drives, create new RAID from these two drives and then clone the old array to the new one. After that unplug the old drives and boot with the new array.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. RobSchuff

The Escalade 8506-2 has 2 ports only. I cannot create the new raid array until I have transferred an image to an intermediate and temporary storage location.

4. RobSchuff

Solved! Was Re: Going to Largere Drives with RAID1

Just performed the upgrade last night. TI is great! In less than an hour, I had migrated about 70GB of data to a new 250GB drive array!

Great work Acronis!

Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.