God save 2302

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scaa, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scaa

scaa Registered Member

Going through all the problems found in the forum, I am now quite scared with acronis build 2302. The confidence I had with 937 (version :cool: is now gone.
    Just to try I used a new hard disk and cloned my original disk to it(NO PROBLEMS THERE).
    I take regular backups to secure zone which is a second internal hard disk used only for backups. Just as an experiment tried to use to the snap restore feature to restore one of my backups to the new disk. It totally failed , as my system did not shut down at all. After waiting for quite sometime , I used the soft shutdown and then rebooted my computer. The acronis loader started but I got a prompt that snap restore could not initialise and I had to quit.
    On restart the system WOULD NOT BOOT.
    Thank god I did not use my original hard disk.
    I have tried a second time with the same results.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Were you able to go back to ver. 8, build 937?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scaa,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you are in Windows and want to restore the image of the system drive to another drive then there is no need to use Acronis Snap Restore technology. You can restore the image in the usual way. Acronis Snap Restore function is useful when you are restoring the drive that you want to boot from in the same time. Acronis Snap Restore technology implies that you are restoring the image to the drive that is selected as bootable in your BIOS. So if you are in Windows you should restore the image to the drive your Windows system is booted from at the moment.

This is how it works now. However the development of this technology isn't finished and Acronis will add new features based on this technology in the future.

You can also try to perform Acronis Snap Restore to the new drive using Acronis True Image bootable rescue media. You can shut down your PC, replace the system drive with another one (to try Acronis Snap Restore on it) or change your BIOS settings to boot from the new drive (we recommend to replace the drive). After that you can boot your computer from Acronis True Image bootable media and perform Acronis Snap Restore on the connected new drive.

Thank you.
    --
    Andrew Berezovsky

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.