GoBack vs DeepFreeze vs Firstdefence vs Vcom REc Commander

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by starfish_001, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shagadelic

shagadelic Guest

Does anyone know if you can run Restoreit in the Goback like mode, where it can revert your drive back when you like, as well as make images to dvd at the same time? Hope I'm explaining myself ok here. I want to use both of the features of Restoreit at the same time and not have to shut one down while I'm using the other. So anyone who use Restoreit can comment? Thx.

2. Ailric

Ailric Guest

There is a scheduler with RestoreIT which you can set to make backups every so-many days/hours or minutes. It can only make incremental backups while Windows is still running.

RestoreIT can only make a rescue CD/DVD after the computer is re-booted, before Windows starts.

"How about dual boot - Goback changes the Parttion I so without the driver the second O/s does not appear to boot - in my case any way. Does FD or RestoreIt do this?"

I only run one operating system but I have a recovery partition as well. When I install RestoreIT, it tells me to install it on all operating systems. It seems to think that I dual boot. This is all that I know about it.

3. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Found out that First Defence cannot support Dual boot - waiting on a mail from Farestome to confirm a few details

4. perfectdata

perfectdata Registered Member

I have been a long time GoBack and Ghost user. I can't agree more with the benefits of RestoreIt. I am going to try it. I think these questions will be on several folks minds--I want to confirm that I can do the following:
    --Let it run in the background as GoBack does constantly creating an image file of each change I make so that if I have a problem I can revert back to just prior to the problem?
    --I can use it like Ghost to create an image file on a USB HD or network HD? (Restore 7 Pro says it will let you use a network drive)
    --Copy a restore point from the ResstoreIt partition to an external device in case I want to use that to restore my entire computer in the future?
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.