GMER question...

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by BananaJones, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BananaJones

BananaJones Registered Member

Since I've asked a question, I might as well ask another... :) I've wondered why GMER behaves the way it does for me: I can only use it with the default options - when it runs, it scans, and then I cannot change the rootkit-related option. Or, rather, I can, but there is no way that I can scan the system again. I can change the right-click options, such as "IRP files scan", which are off by default, and I can select other drives than C:, which are also off by default, but when I try to click the "Search" button, nothing happens. It's unclickable. I can successfully use the "Copy" and "Save" button to copy or save the log, but the "Search" one just appears to be a blank, unclickable space... :(

This is how GMER's window looks for me (this is the latest version of GMER, from its site). I can click my blue arrow as much as I want, and that button won't respond...

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8038/gmerje2.gif

GMER.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.