Gmail not loading in XP

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tony, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony

Tony Registered Member

After installing Office 2007 i decided to try Outlook Express 2007 to see its features and how it performs.

I did this with Shadow Defender in shadow mode in case of any problems so they could be erased upon re-boot.

Anyway i did actually quite like O.E and it worked fine with my Gmail account, but i wanted to try a few other email clients before making my mind up.

I re-booted to start a clean session and when i started Firefox, Gmail and IGoogle pages would not load with the following errors...
    So i booted into my FD-ISR Vista snapshot and Gmail and IGoogle loaded just fine.
    Booted back to XP and they would not load.

So i then Replaced my current XP snapshot with one of my FD-ISR archives from 10 days ago yet still Gmail and IGoogle homepage will not load yet they still work fine when i boot to my Vista snapshot.

I also have the same problem when using Internet Explorer but only when in my XP snapshot.

Any clues as to what may be the problem as i cannot figure out what may be causing this problem.

2. screamer

screamer Registered Member

I was at my daughter's house today doing some maintenance work on her computer when the exact same thing happened to me. Same error msg... everything. I thought it had something to do w/ Online Armor FW which I just re-installed. Unfortunately I ran out of time and had to leave w/o figuring out exactly what was the issue. I told her to Call Verizon and report the problem. Not suggesting that misery loves company, but glad to hear it's not my / her problem exclusively. Report back if you find a solution. I'll pass this on to my daughter.

...screamer

oh, btw: here at my house, Gmail loads fine. Go Figya

3. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thanks screamer.
    I really dont understand how it can load in vista yet not in xp even though i have gone back in time to a different snapshot that worked fine previously.

All software btw is the same on xp as it is on vista.

4. Tony

Tony Registered Member

After messing around with settings/programs etc i finally gave up and reinstalled windows xp from a newly installed xp snapshot.
    I wish i had done this from the start now as it was so much easier and quicker than messing around.

Wouldnt have minded knowing what caused the problem though.

5. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Tony, just to update you, my daughters started working again w/o any intervention. duh?

...screamer

6. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Glad its sorted for your daughter. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.