gmail and spam help!

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by ratchet, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I'll get this out of the way first: it's not that it doesn't send spam to the spam or trash folder! That isn't my complaint. I had two gmail accounts. I believe I actually started "B" because of spam. At any rate, B became my preferred account. I started getting a lot of spam, kept creating filters and it went to zero for months and months, and I mean not even any in the spam folder nor any in the "A" account coincidently. Then six to eight weeks ago A went spam crazy so I just closed the account. This week B has gone crazy with spam after months of freedom from. Is there any means to cut this off at the pass so I don't even get it in the spam folder? Why was I able to stop it months ago or was that just luck? I know they recently shut down some spam servers but these events were before that. Have no idea of course how the spammers found the address! Thank you!
    I edit! Wow I just read the article by Chiron below. That should help!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Funny, I was just about to respond.

Did you see this article?

Also, for the one that is already getting spam you could use it against them by following the advice given in this article. However, do note that I'm going to updating the advice in the article about reporting spam. I've already found a very good extension, assuming you're using thunderbird, that makes it very easy to report spam. This is called Habul.

Please let me know if you have any questions as these questions may also help me to improve the articles.

Thanks.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

The best thing I ever found to handle most email issues is http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html. In fact, I'd use it for everything I could so long as I'm not wanting to be contacted by a website or required to keep an active account.

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

If your using an email client to get your gmail ,spamihilator can stop it before it reaches your email client or spam/junk folder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.