Global test antivirus COMSS.TV: May-August 2013

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Noob, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. stephentony

stephentony Registered Member

The fact that BD is not in the top 5 does not make sense to me.

3. It is partly based on HIPS/Intrusion PoC's

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I thought you guys would be a lot more interested, seems like i was wrong. Only 2 comments so far. :D

5. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I think it's a very interesting test. Lots of products tested, and different versions, combo's, free/paid. For example Panda Cloud AV and the standard Panda suite are both tested, same with BD AV Free and the standard BD suites. In both cases it is interesting to see how they differ as the free AV's are both a separate product developed by other people, not a stripped down version of the paid product like most vendors. Emsisoft is tested as IS pack together with OA and Avast Free is tested both solo and paired with Comodo Firewall.
    Also interesting is their different testing categories.

Panda Clouds results differ quite a bit from normal Panda; Panda Cloud scores higher at the AV test and handling live infection and gets a better overall score, but the normal Panda scores higher at the HIPS and Phishing tests. With BD the differences are minimal, the standard suite scores a little higher than the free AV.

EDIT: The tested version of Panda Cloud is the PRO version, though the Free version has all the main protection features of the PRO afaik.

6. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

It's in Russian and Google Translate doesn't turn it into proper English. So if you post links to websites, that almost everyone here cannot read, don't be too surprised if the response is somewhat lukewarm.

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Anyone noticed how the 2013 G-Data got a higher score than the 2014, is it due to the engine change? :eek:

8. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Avira free scores better than ESET NOD32 Smart Security and Avast free...o_O

9. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I look for consistency in these kinds of tests, and this one really goes against AV-Comparatives, AV-Test, etc. I don't think I trust it. How would Trend Micro, Webroot, and Fortinet be way at the bottom in detection? How would so many get a 0 on Running Malware?

10. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Odd results. CIS does better than Avast+CFW? Twister is one of the best scores. FortiClient scored much worse than most other tests.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Guys remember most of the test were HIPS-like tests, not just detection. :D

12. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

And what kinda HIPS has Avira free for example?Because it doesn't have much sense at all..
    Don't get me wrong guys,i'm using it right now,but i try to understand...

13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Its think its made of multiple tests, it has some leaktests, some detection tests and some URL tests. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.