Global Exclusions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mdig, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdig

mdig Registered Member

Can someone please verify that an exclusion such as:

C:\C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\AMICAS\*.*

Will exclude anything past the AMICAS folder in anyones profile under documents and settings?

I'm trying to set up an .xml file that I can distribute across the enterprise so that the particular directory is excluded as well as any user profile that contains it on a workstation.

I just want to verify that my syntax is correct. ESET Support seems to think so but I'd like to hear from some other users and get theor opinions. I'm not sure I can come up with a way to test this. I tried the eicar file but that gets caught everytime I try to bring it over to my test workstation.

Thanks,

Pete

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Actually everything after the asterisk will be excluded.

3. mdig

mdig Registered Member

So, is there a way I can accomplish what I want to accomplish, so that when I update the xml file I can be assure that the correct profiles in the documents and settings are set without me having to change them all?

4. mdig

mdig Registered Member

Or can I use this:

C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\AMICAS\*.*

Thanks!

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It is not feasible. User variables are not resolved if a service is running in the local system account, that's by Windows design.

As for your initial query, excluding "C:\Documents and Settings\*\Application Data\AMICAS\*.*" will work.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  6. jeremyf

jeremyf Registered Member

I would like to add that Eset has just recently decided to add support for SYSTEM variables, such as %system% resolving to C:\windows or whatever, because, and Marcos please correct me if I am wrong, SYSTEM variables ARE supported in a local system account?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.