Glitch Is Causing Thousands Of Emails To Be Sent To One Man’s Hotmail Account

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Dermot7, Jan 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/24/gm...mails-to-be-sent-to-one-mans-hotmail-account/

also: Days-Old Error in Google Search Causes GMail User To Get Thousands of EMails

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I wouldn't be happy if I was that guy. Weird glitch.

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

There are more funny things going on at gmail. For a couple of weeks now I get someone elses gmail mail into my runbox.com account! (I started to use runbox.com instead of gmail a month ago)

I have forwarding from gmail to my runbox. All the mail I get to my gmail account goes straight to a folder I created at runbox.com, not to runbox inbox!

His mail adress is similar to mine in gmail, like this: if my email is "peter at gmail.com" the mail I get is adressed to peter.s at gmail.com"
    But! The funny thing is that this mail that I get is not redirected from gmail, it comes straight into my inbox att runbox!? Straight to my inbox at peter at runbox.com
    Very strange...maybe the forwarding function in gmail has gone mad?

(FYI: the emails mentioned here are just examples, not my or his real email adresses)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.