giveawayoftheday - domain expired!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by culla, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. culla

culla Registered Member

2. CiX

CiX Registered Member

Re: giveawayoftheday

fine here :rolleyes:

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Wow, it is expired :eek:

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

It is showing expired now here too.

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Hey I just saw this too, actually the Comodo SecureDNS was blocking me so I turned it off and then noticed they were gone, hehe...

6. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

It seems actually expired now. I do not use any custom DNS. I have even tried with proxy and it shows expired status too.

7. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I just tried it and it works.

8. culla

culla Registered Member

still not working here in sa

9. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I get a DirectNic page for expired domain.

10. guest

guest Guest

its working for me

11. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

It looks as if it is blocked only in some parts of the world..using online Proxy it connected for me o_O

Attached Files:

12. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Not working...

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      151.3 KB
      Views:
  13. brainrb1

Use any of the free online proxy servers ..it connected for me .I was also getting the same 'domain expired' web page before. If you enlarge my attachment you can see both with the proxy and without it.

14. Fiat_Lux

Fiat_Lux Registered Member

I am having the same problem (giveawayoftheday - domain expired) and I can't connect from where I live.

I have through the last 6 months had major problems with a huge software company you've all heard of and they have a lot of power so I have occasionally had a couple of odd problems why this "giveawayoftheday - domain expired" problem made me very suspicious , so I called my brother and asked him to log on to the site which he couldn't either, however since his computer by some means could possibly be traced back to show him as an aquaintance of mine I weren't really sure. I know this sounds a little paranoid :oops: but "until you have walked a mile in my shoes" perhaps you should not judge me hastily....

Anyway... While I have been rather upset by the "giveawayoftheday - domain expired" problem for reasons just mentioned then I was on the other hand ver happy to find out that someone had had the inclination to make this thread, because it gives us a possibility to discuss the "giveawayoftheday - domain expired" problem.

I can confirm what "brainrb1" has written , that is that while I can not connect directly from where I live then I can connect through circumventions like some kind of external proxy.

I however I think that to really narrow down the problem then we need to let each other know from where in the world we are having this problem.
    I , myself am from Denmark.

By the way :
    Before finding this forum I visited "Giveaway of the Day - Wikipedia" and for a short while there a was a comment about the problem there (but the comment seems to have been removed later) :

Giveawayoftheday - problem - Wikipedia.jpg

Perhaps there really has been a problem with the domain "giveawayoftheday.com" , and if so then perhaps we just need to wait until our local ISP has updated their servers pages and DNS info (??)
    o_O

15. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Maybe it got added to that blacklist that the senate is trying to get pushed into law right now lol

16. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

The issue is to be able to access giveawayoftheday.com the same way we did before.

Attached Files:

• d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      192.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  17. brainrb1

If the domain really expired why is it possible to connect through a proxy? That was the point i was trying to make :) and the problem it seems is only for some parts of the world, that too.

18. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I just accessed it OK here in New York. :p

19. Fiat_Lux

You may or may not believe me but I can tell you (and you can believe me or not) that I have had more than one secret service looking over my shoulder/back - just because I am, in Denmark, considered to have very non political correct opinions, and contrary to what you might believe or be told then a lot of us over here are actually being persecuted, marginalized, frozen out and so on. I once used a loophole on a local postal server and wrote a completely friendly and legit email to a local politician but content was concerning a disputed matter, result was that the loophole in the server was fixed immidiately as it concerned a loophole that made it difficult to track people with cookies (and they tried to find the email sender).
    Then after that I used an email address on an american server (where one could also login without cookies - by choice), shortly thereafter foreigners could no longer signup and my account had been removed.
    You should note that I had done nothing illegal just something not politically correct.
    So please do not joke with subjects such as this.
    I've lost both my parents indirectly through persecution , my father killed himself and my mother gave up so she didn't go to the doctor when she became seriously ill (she was broken in spirit and had no more will to fight - but I do !!!!)
    :mad:

20. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I could not access it in Colorado. Got to it OK through webproxyonline.

21. Fiat_Lux

Different ISP servers in different countries may update server information at different times so some servers might at one point in time be updated with new info while others might not.

We won't know until all servers have had time to update (I am not sure about this but DNS info and so on should be updated , I think within a day or so) so I think that we will just have to wait and see to be able to assess what the problem really is....

But thanks for your info !!! :thumb:

22. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

It is fine here ...

23. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Well Culla, can you grab it through an online proxy?

24. culla

culla Registered Member

webproxyonline then i can get it weird ?
    :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd: :thumbd:

25. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

What does that mean? Ah .. you can "reach them" - a tough read without punctuation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.