[GIVEAWAY] Shadow Defender - 3 days

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Stode, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Stode

Stode Registered Member

Shadow Defender is an easy-to-use security solution (for Windows operating systems) that protects your PC/laptop real environment against malicious activities and unwanted changes.

Shadow Defender can run your system in a virtual environment called ‘Shadow Mode’. ‘Shadow Mode’ redirects each system change to a virtual environment with no change to your real environment. If you experience malicious activities and/or unwanted changes, perform a reboot to restore your system back to its original state, as if nothing happened.

With Shadow Defender, you have the flexibility to specify which files and folders are permanently saved to the real environment. This ensures important files and folders are kept after a reboot.

If you want to make a maintenance-free computer, Shadow Defender will be your best choice.

Shadow Defender users…

• Maintain a system free from malicious activities and unwanted changes.
    • Test software and game installations in a safe environment.
    • Protect against unwanted changes by shared users (suitable for workplaces and educational institutions).
    Shadow Defender Features

• Prevent all viruses and malwares.
    • Surf the internet safely and eliminate unwanted traces.
    • Protect your privacy.
    • Eliminate system downtime and maintenance costs.
    • Reboot to restore your system back to its original state.

Source: sharewareonsale.com

2. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

This giveaway is flawed. It gives you an older version of the program and if you update to the current version, it reverts to trial mode. Have advised the website doing the giveaway, no response yet on whether issue will be fixed.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Shadow Defender is so good, and cheap for a lifetime license, it's worth paying for it

4. phalanaxus

phalanaxus Registered Member

I think it is intended. If you giveaway the software for free with updates without a time limit, who would buy it ?

5. Kid Shamrock

Kid Shamrock Registered Member

No, the license activation is only supposed to work for the next three days (while the giveaway is active). After that it can't be activated without buying a license. My issue is that the giveaway is really worthless since you get an outdated version that can't be updated.

6. Stode

Stode Registered Member

Since when did they introduce online activation to Shadow Defender?
    This could be an customized giveaway version tho, that would explain it..
    All normal Shadow Defender licenses are for a lifetime (even the older giveaway licenses)

edit:
    prior to downloading,it says on the screen:

This is a specially wrapped setup file with online "activation" check, so you're right about that part.
    The normal setup up file does NOT have any online activations, given that you have a serial for it to type in.
    On this giveaway, the exe file is "pre-registered" (customized = patched by the developer to be registered), so there is no real registration information lurking anywhere on your computer or it's windows registry, so ofcourse the updates do NOT work then, it would revert this into a trial version, as you suggested.
    Anyways, the giveaway is the 2nd newest version,that being: 1.4.0.608 ..
    Take it, or leave it, can't complain much since it's given for free!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  7. phalanaxus

You don't get the point, the giveaway is three days long but the license of not limited by time. You offer the software for free during 3 days. Several thousands (maybe) people register, and suppose you can update the software, will any of these people buy the software ? No, you lost several customers.

8. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

The giveaway page states the following terms

Terms and Conditions
    • This is a 1-computer lifetime license, for noncommercial use
    • You get free updates
    • You get free tech support via email
    • Must be downloaded and installed before this offer is over -- you cannot install / reinstall later, such as if you get a new computer
    • May not be resold
    I don't mind not being able to update since it is a free giveaway. But they really shouldn't have those terms if they aren't true.

9. phalanaxus

Ok, didn't see that line. I think that's probably written wrong.Shadow defender had several limited version - lifetime giveaways before.

10. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

1: someone tried this giveaways version ?
    2: once shadow defender create conflict with CIS Defense+ , someone knows are things go now ?

11. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

huh? Free updates? nonsens!

text from the ride side at sos http://sharewareonsale.com/s/shadow-defender-sale

same as giveaway last weeks - i installed and had fun until i installed the latest version now - i have to deploy my license again.

12. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Well, it seems it was a minor mistake on their part. What @Brummelchen already posted are the updated terms and conditions.

13. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

would be nicer ^^ (no worry)
    but free updates were also not possible with v1.4.0.519 in 2014.

anyhow if this one or latest - SD is a must have to tryout software or in other critical processes!

14. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I've installed this on 2 computers. When installing I didn't see anything about the activation or license. How do I know it's activated and not just a trial running?

SDlicense.jpg

P.S. Only 12 1/2 hours left on the giveaway.

15. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

The information in the picture looks fine. I think its got what you want to see in there.

Bo

16. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks for the confirmation bo! I fired my other "older" computer up and its install shows the same thing. I think it was from a facebook giveaway I saw on here a while back.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.