Giveaway of the Day - Paragon Rescue Kit 8.5 Professional

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by NICK ADSL UK, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

When your system fails to boot, Rescue Kit Professional Edition is your first-aid solution to cure the majority of boot problems and instantly retrieve your data! It also can recover deleted partitions, view and modify settings of any Windows system registry in the offline mode, establish a network connection to work with shared resources on the net, securely erase data and easily clear any user’s Windows OS password.

please note this is a time and install related offer and further details can be found here

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

2. prazim

prazim Registered Member

I downloaded it, but it didn't actually install, it simply created an ISO DVD. How do I get it to actually install?

3. NICK ADSL UK

the download of the file is in a zip format in which you extract the files to the same folder in which you downloaded and once extracted you will then be able to install :)

4. prazim

prazim Registered Member

Thanks, Nick. I am actually a technical, and experienced user. What I am saying is that the setup file did not extract the program's files, it simply created the iso disc. I chose not to install their software monitoring tool (that they have begun bundling with the GAOTD) which is where I am thinking the glitch may be.
    Sue

5. NICK ADSL UK

hi sue :)
    this is the only piece of software that i am not familiar with from paragon. this particular piece of software just writes to a DVD disk in which you boot from to correct the majority of system boot problems;?

6. prazim

prazim Registered Member

It is, Nick. My other guess is because I have their other tools, this one may be redundant so it didn't install itself. Thanks so much for getting back to me. GAOTD is only good for the day, as you know, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.
    Sue

7. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Good find NICK.
    But i think that these kind of promotions should be also put as here and at software&services sub-forum, because people often ckeck it.
    Hardly that anyone will notice this promotion at the end of the world.
    I have found this promotions on other web-site

Just my .02 cents.

Thanks anyway.

8. NICK ADSL UK

your welcome sue. :)

9. ralws277

ralws277 Registered Member

Sue (if you are still monitoring this subject)...

The Rescue Kit doesn't really give you a "program to install" like most of the GAOTD products (and earlier Paragon giveaways there) do. It produces the ISO file that you got. What you need to do is use some CD burning software (Nero, IMGBurn, or whatever) to "burn the image to disk" (NOT just "COPY" the image file to disc as if you were copying any other file to your CD for backup or something - slightly different thing, and should be noted in your CD burning software as being distinct from simply "copying files" to the CD). That then gives you a CD that you can boot your computer from, and it will run itself and present you with the program that runs off the CD. You may have to set your computer's BIOS to be able to boot from CD, if it isn't already set to do that.

Set your boot order in BIOS as CD first, then hard drive, put the CD in your CD drive, and reboot your computer. The program will auto-run from the CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.