GhostWall and Battlefield 2142

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Hermescomputers, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

:D Set these up and yer gonna be ready for action soldier!
    (More than likelly ye wont survive long enough to Bragg home to mama!)

Attached Files:

2. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Guest

That's very nice, but some thoughts:
    1) some rules are doing the same thing (like those for ports 27900 and 29900).
    2) if you have a rule that allows connection to any address, why do you need another rule for the same port, but specific IP (rules for FTP and HTTP protocols on your screenshot)?

3. Hermescomputers

The Game uses Ports mapped to different Protocols. Noticed that some are UDP only while others are TCP and others are both. Again some are Inbound only while others requires only outbound and others require both.

All the other rules are dynamic and only the rules above the ***BLOCK ALL PROTOCOLS*** are actually active and perform a task. I keep changing these almost by the hour depending on what application I am playing with...

The specific IP address rule is done because some applications cant seem to work properly unless I open the port for a specific address. I have had the issue with say Filezilla server on port 21 where it would establish the connection and authenticate the user but it would fail to provide the FTP directory listing unless I mapped the port 21 to the user's IP. (this seem to be a standard adherence issue between the FTP server and the FTP clients. How this is affecting the relationship via Ghostwall is not entirely clear to me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  4. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

If you are trying to hide those IP's do it a little bit better. It's quite easy to read those.

EDIT: Just forgot... I don't do anything with those IP's. I just want to inform you.

5. Hermescomputers

No trouble since the IP's are from a Dynamic DHCP issue at each re-boot.
    I only shaded them to protect against some nasty type for the duration of the session. (Which was already over by the time I had posted the .Jpg)
    Thanks for pointing it out anyways.

6. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Guest

Ahh... I just realized that these settings are for the server, not client... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.