ghostsurf 2.1,spycatcher and spysweeper problems

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by whatever, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatever

whatever Registered Member

Dec 5, 2004
    i have spysweeper and ran a security scan with it it showed my computer was infected by spymypc pro so i checked what file it was and where and there was one was the uninstall program for ghostsurf 2.1! so being careful about what to do next i sent e-mails to webroot and tenebril to figure out if it was real spyware. webroot had me run hijack this log and it found some odd entries,one entry was O2-BHO: IEWatchObj Class-{9527D42F-D666-11D3-B8DD-00600838CD5F}-C:\WINDOWS\system32\IETie.dll,one problem this entry is used in spyware AND SOME OF TEMEBRIL'S SOFTWARE! (hunted this info out on this forum) I asked temebril about a possible false alarm and what are the registry keys for temebril's ghostsurf and spycatcher so would i would not erase the wrong things from the registery. first off they denied they collect any information on problem though i wasn't accusing them of spying on me,hmmm kinda interesting and no info on what registery keys they use.I sent webroot a hijack this log and they basicly told me what to problem 90% of what they told me to delete was temebrils software registery keys!i told webroot i use tembril software so this all smells of rotten fish.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.