ghostsurf 2.1,spycatcher and spysweeper problems

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by whatever, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whatever

whatever Registered Member

i have spysweeper and ran a security scan with it it showed my computer was infected by spymypc pro so i checked what file it was and where and there was one problem.....it was the uninstall program for ghostsurf 2.1! so being careful about what to do next i sent e-mails to webroot and tenebril to figure out if it was real spyware. webroot had me run hijack this log and it found some odd entries,one entry was O2-BHO: IEWatchObj Class-{9527D42F-D666-11D3-B8DD-00600838CD5F}-C:\WINDOWS\system32\IETie.dll,one problem this entry is used in spyware AND SOME OF TEMEBRIL'S SOFTWARE! (hunted this info out on this forum) I asked temebril about a possible false alarm and what are the registry keys for temebril's ghostsurf and spycatcher so would i would not erase the wrong things from the registery. first off they denied they collect any information on customers.one problem though i wasn't accusing them of spying on me,hmmm kinda interesting and no info on what registery keys they use.I sent webroot a hijack this log and they basicly told me what to delete..one problem 90% of what they told me to delete was temebrils software registery keys!i told webroot i use tembril software so this all smells of rotten fish.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.