GETTING VERY UPSET!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chris andrews, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris andrews

chris andrews Registered Member

This software is crap! I have a mapped drive on my server to the share on the a NAS, but every time I schedule a differential image, it fails imeadiately, telling me my username and/or password to the share is incorect. I have changed the NAS from user mode to share mode, and I get the same errors. There are two places where it asks for a password, the first is for the "share", and the second is, well, I suppose for the MS scheduler. I have downloaded the latest build 3633, the new schedular files, created a task in MS task schedular, copied the username/ password, and have done EVERYTHING asked and told but it still dies. I am tired of typing in forums, sending emails back and forth, and still I am out here hanging. I have a mapped drive to the share on my server, and can access the file through windows with no problems. What the heck does Acronis need a share password for? I have scoured this forum, emailed back and forth from various reps (Vineet) and still this software refuses to make a differential image. I need a resolution. FAST

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello chris andrews,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the latest build (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site.

When you map the drive it becomes mapped only under your Windows account. Acronis True Image runs its tasks using the system account and so it is sometimes unable to locate your mapped drive (especially when you are logged off). Please use the full UNC path (e.g. \\server\share\) instead of the mapped drive.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.