Getting Rid of Symantec Before Installing NOD32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by wvman45, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wvman45

wvman45 Registered Member

I currently have Symantec SystemWorks 2003, and included with it is, of course NAV. I would like to make the switch to NOD32 but want to so as painlessly as possible. To that end, I would like to know the recommended method for removing all traces of Symantec SystemWorks 2003. The reason is that I want my system free of Symantec apps before installing NOD32, to avoid conflicts.

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Chuck,

You might have a look at this thread for removal links ;)

regards.

paul

3. Hazeleyze

Hazeleyze Guest

Make sure you uninstall Norton from Add/Remove. Don't forget to uninstall LiveReg and LiveUpdate. Then use the removal tool from Symantec's website. You'll be surprised how much garbage the removal tool cleans up afterwards. I have been using NOD32 for 3 wks. and am very pleased with it's performance. I'm sorry I didn't make the switch earlier. Hope it works as well for you as it has been for me.

4. wvman45

wvman45 Registered Member

Thanks for the tips. I will try to make the switch to NOD32 today, so I hope removing Norton SystemWorks 2003 isn't too problematic. I have had to manually remove it before, which involved removing innumerable registry entries. Time consuming! Anyway, wish me luck and I hope NOD32 turns out to be everything it's cracked up to be.
    Chuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.