Getting Rid of Boot Loader

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Hydrologic, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydrologic

Hydrologic Registered Member

I tried Acronis DD 10 and I found that the boot loader would not work. It would lock up each time I rebooted the machine. If I press F6 I could bypass it and I can boot ok.

I uninstalled DD 10 and it seemed to uninstall ok, but the boot loader did not go away. It still tries to run and it locks up each time I reboot. I have to watch very closely when I am rebooting and quickly press F6 to get through the boot loader.

How can I get this thing off my machine. I noticed that there is a directory called C:\BOOTWIZ in my C drive. It looks like it is part of the broken boot loader. Is there something that I can do to this directory to make the boot loader go away?

2. selkov

selkov Registered Member

I too had problems with the OSS.
    I deleted DD10.
    Removed all the Bootwiz directories (1 on each partition) and deleted all protected hidded files pertaining to that.
    The cleaned the registry & reinstalled DD10 & the OSS.
    Had the same problem.
    Turned out to be the Boot.ini was at fault. Not OSS.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Hydrologic,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

You can do the following:

Manually delete the "C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director" folder and repair the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the hard disk using one of the following methods:

Windows 95/98/Me – boot from Startup Disk (floppy) and run "fdisk /mbr" command;
    Windows 2000/XP/2003 – boot from Installation Disc (CD) into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command.

This will remove Acronis OS Selector from your computer. You can install Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 without Acronis OS Selector after that.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.