Getting Returnil to be active on only one account

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by SteNi, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteNi

SteNi Registered Member

Can Returnil be set-up to work on only one user account and not all of them? My goal is to emulate "guest-mode", which Windows 7 used to provide, but only for one user account. This account is one which I plan to let be used by others. I don't want my personal account to have Returnil running when I log in.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi SteNi and welcome to the forums :)

No, this is not possible as the Virtual Mode in RSS/RVS is at disk level. This means that when it is on, it is on for all accounts regardless of type or permissions.

What is the primary requirement for not having your and/or the Administrator account virtualized as well? If it is a need to make changes or save information, you can make use of the File Manager Autosave feature and then limit the files and folders you want saved to disk to your files and folders only.

This would allow you to save your data while ensuring that the "Guest" accounts are bound by strict Virtual Mode.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.