Getting Pop Ups on a Weekly basis. help

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by myhomie, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myhomie

myhomie Registered Member

im getting pop ups almost every week now. i use MS antispy, adaware, spybot S and D, xoftspy, KAspersky and Trojan hunter. (just tried Xoftspy now).

When im having pop ups i quickly scan my computer. using quickscan, the program that usually finds the spyware is the adaware and MS antispy usually finds nothing. i guess im solving the problem using adaware. but its almost a weekly thing, need to scan again as pop ups arises.

i guess im looking for a program that provides a real time protection so than i wont have to scan manually everytime i receive pop ups when surfing the net. any suggestions?

and also what should i remove in my softwares above? is it any good? or maybe i can remove 1 of them, like xoftspy and replace it with something better perhaps.

thanks for the suggestions!

2. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

You are going to have to run hijackthis, and post the log over at castlecops.com because we here at Wilders no longer decipher hijackthis logs. They will be better equipped to help you.

3. myhomie

no, i think my computer is fine. its not that bad its just that occasionally, or lately, some "tracking cookies" according to Adaware, get past my defence system. so im looking for a software that would do the job for me.
    i use spyblaster, and MSantispy as my realtime protection i also use kaspersky and Outpost. i scan my computer on a weekly basis using, Spybot S & D, Adaware, MSAntispy and recently Xoftspy.

i think some of them is redundant coz only adaware finds something and all the other cant find anything. so im asking for suggestions which one to get rid off and what real time protection could i use.

thanks a lot. be waiting for the reply! :)

4. myhomie

and also, i always run my computer under full administrative rights. i know this have some security issues.

do you guys know any software that allows me to switch from admistrative rights to limited or vice versa any time i want?

i know there is such a program but i cant recall its name nor can i find it here in the wilders security forum threads. Thanks so much.

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

6. myhomie

post deleted.. figured the administrative rights thing. :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  7. myhomie

yep, disabled it now. you know i dont get pop ups now. i think my defense system works now, eventhough occassionally they sweep something usually tracking cookies.

though i think my defense system is redundant, i use KAV, outpost, MS antispy, SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, Winpatrol, Spybot S & D, Xoftspy, Adaware and trojan hunter. dont you think its too much? 4 antispyware, 3 realtime protection, 1 anti trojan, 1 antivirus and 1 firewall... which one you think i dont need anymore?

thanks for your replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.