Get update otherwise?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by accenture, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. accenture

accenture Registered Member

Hi,

Is it possible to get the latest upgrade to TIH 9 without using the Acronis Product Updates site? The silly webpage shows that I have registered DiskDirector (which I never bought) and leaves me no chance to get to the updates for TIH9 (which I bought).

Yes, I asked the support to help but they coulnd't even be bothered to answer anything, probably because the problem is sooo difficult.

Thank you.

2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Can't help with the update but, just curious as to what build you haveo_O?
    Maybe you don't need one!

3. accenture

I have 3.694, which is from August 2006.

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you register this version at the Acronis web site? https://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/products/registration/. If you did you should be able to download any of the last 3 V9 builds. If not then register your serial number.

5. mustang

mustang Developer

Have you considered the possibility you made a typo while registering TI9 that caused Disk Director to show up as a regitered product? You should go through the registration for TI9 again, making sure to type the serial number correctly. If TI9 shows up, you have your answer. Then you can smile, as you just got Disk Director for free.

6. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

TI 9 3.694 is the German version?

7. accenture

Yes, it is the German version.

No, I haven't made any typo errors since I've already downloaded the update to this very version 3.694 last summer (the box version was older).

It did show TIH9 until October or so, when I did check last time. Now, it shows DiskDirector instead, although I never bought it.

8. mustang

mustang Developer

Did you try to register TI9 over again? If so, what happened?

9. accenture

I'm not at home right now so I don't have physical access to the box. I will try this in about 10 days, it's an interesting idea.

PS: Actually the SN does show up as a registered SN for DiskDirector. My attempt to use it again did not succeed, saying truthfully that the SN was already used for a registration. So the SN is a primary key in their database and they changed the associated product for some reason.

10. mustang

mustang Developer

I guess the only thing you can do now is try to reason with Acronis Support to correct the problem. If they are not able to fix it, you should ask for a new serial number for TI9. In the meantime, they should send you a download link for the current build.

11. accenture

Right.

The only problem is that they couldn't be bothered for the last two weeks to answer at all... so I don't have any chance to ask for anything...

12. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

If not already done, click on Acronis Support user name you see in a thread and send them a Private Message.

Regards

13. accenture

Thanks. I did it now. Let's wait and see.

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello accenture,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that as you mentioned the serial number you have provided is for Acronis Disk Director 9.0 Personal (German version).

As far as I understood, you have purchased the boxed version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To investigate the reason of such issue could you please provide us with the following information?

- Information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.);

- Take a picture of the box and the serial number using a digital camera or scan it.

Then send the collected information as a reply to the autoreply from Acronis Support Team. As soon as we receive the above information we will investigate the issue and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.