Get savvy! And get free six-months of F-Secure Internet Security 2010!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by smith2006, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

2. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Promotion ended.

3. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Posted,and i already received my license yesterday.Just wondering if is worthing a try.....:rolleyes:

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Here's a review from PCmag.com and keep in mind that it's six months old. The product has hopefully continued to improve. Sounds like it's worth a test drive.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2352403,00.asp

5. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I just put my name in. I want to see how it works. I've used it once before and it worked rather well. I got a Advanced+ rating in nov 09 Av Compartives.

6. kjdemuth

Whats wrong with f-secure anyway? I never see anyone using it. That and F-prot.

7. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

I think F-prot concentrates more their sales efforts to the corporate market. I believe F-Secure has a large SOHO client base specially in europe.

8. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

I tried F-Secure for a few months. I really like and respect the company, so when the 2010 A/V was getting close to release, I gave it a try. The web and mail scanners were a draw in that they don't proxy your connections in order to do the scanning. Unfortunately the web scanner causes a large delay when trying to watch youtube videos. You'll find posts supporting this on F-Secure's forums. The other two drawbacks that I found were that the file scanner started slowing my system down after awhile and there is a lack of options available in the UI compared to other software I've tried. It is reasonably priced though and worth a try.

9. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Thank you Victek...i will think about it....the few reviews on youtube,the latest,are very promising,but...it seems that FIS is a pain on removing malware.It takes to long...:rolleyes: but it succeded ;)

10. kjdemuth

I'll try anything for 6 months. By then I should have another free license for something.

11. falkor

falkor Registered Member

If it is too late , let me know . I have a 6 month of it and would be more than happy to let you try it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.