Get rid of "Press F11 for Acronis Startup..."?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bgordon, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgordon

bgordon Registered Member

I'm setting up laptops for a school, and I am using a Secure Zone to store a known good image.

I want the staff at the school to be able to restore an image using the boot CD. I don't want students to be able to get into the Acronis program at all.

I notice that if I pull out the Acronis Boot CD while the secure zone is being created, it gives me a message "Failed to Copy Files to Acronis Secure Zone", and when the machine starts, there is no "Press F11 for Acronis Startup..." displayed. This is what I want.

When I left the Acronis Boot CD in while the secure zone is being created, it copies some files from the CD at the end of the process, and the "Press F11 for Acronis Startup..." line displays as the machine restarts.

I need to stop this line from displaying on all the machines. Is there any way to either:

1) Erase the files in the Secure Zone that, when copied, cause this line to display, or

2) Make a registry or some other change to stop this line from displaying?

Thanks in advance. -bg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

To avoid activating Acronis Startup Recovery Manager you should choose "Do not activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" on the "Activating Acronis Startup Recovery Manager" page of the "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" wizard.
    To remove an already installed Acronis Startup Recovery Manager you should either delete Acronis Secure Zone, or boot the computer from Windows installation CD in recovery console mode and run the "fixmbr" command.

3. bgordon

bgordon Registered Member

If I do the fixmbr thing will it leave the Secure Zone intact and just remove the "Press F11 for Acronis Startup..." message?

Or will it remove the Secure Zone altogether?

Thanks. -bg

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, bgordon

FIXMBR will just remove Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, will not remove or damage your Secure Zone.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.