Get five Ashampoo programs for free

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MrBrian, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13845_3-20016650-58.html

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. molhopicante

molhopicante Registered Member

Thanks.

I picked the Ashampoo Win Optimizer.

3. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Strange they give away older versions of software rather then giving people a chance to have a new version... :thumbd:

Stupid... :blink:

4. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

Actually rather smart ---- the idea is that if you like the older version at some point you are likely to buy a current version. IMO its a fine way to get people to try your product and become a customer going forward. The same principle is whats behind Give Away of the Day.

5. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Sure from the company stand point it's great, I'm just saying it would sure be nice to get some newer versions is all... :thumb:

6. bgoodman4

Well sure, it would be nice to get the latest version for free but then there would soon be no versions at all available as the company went out of business. BTW I have been using Ashampoo Burning Studio 10 for some time now (and I did get it for free - Give Away Of The Day) and its a fine program, and yes, when I decide its time to upgrade for whatever reason, odds are I will stick with Ashampoo. If you have never tried Ashampoo products the give away currently being offered would be a good way to get to know the line (or part of it) at 0 cost. That, IMO, is good for both the potential customer (you and me) as well as the company.

Seems pretty smart to me.

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

Oh sheesh the Give Away Of The Day isn't going to put anyone out of business, LOL...

See you got something free that's new, that's what I want.

Burning Studio 10 is nice...

I never seem to be watching that Give Away of the Day for anything nice...

I'm always to late, hehe...

8. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

I would LOVE it if MS decided to give away XP for free :D
    Heck its 10 years old...

9. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I am wondering if anybody knows how long the free licenses for these programs last for? If I install Burning Studio and Home Design, do I get to use them forever or do I have to renew (with money) after a certain amount of time such as 6 months/1 year/2 years etc?

Thanks,

Mark

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

should be free forever- I have the 2010 Burning Studio Advanced and there is no end of the license that I can find. Currently I have a few Ashampoo products installed- Snap 4, Clipfinder HD, Burning Studio 2010 Advanced, Photo Commander 7. All are very nice programs.

11. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Thanks for your reply.

If I download the Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced and save it somewhere on my computer now, but then decide to install it 6 months from now, will I be able to get the full version or will that offer be over and I will be stuck with the 10 day trial?

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  12. bgoodman4

If memory serves you get a licence for the program and can install it on as many PCs as you wish. The best way to find out for sure one way or another is to contact the Co and ask.

13. bgoodman4

Thats true, Give Away of the Day is not going to put anyone out of business, its a marketing tool. Now if you could get the Give Away of the Day item any day and any time you wanted to rather than just for that one day,,,,well the company would probably not last long.

Any way, folks are free to take advantage of the Ashampoo offer or not, tas they see fit. If some out there think its a stupid idea for Ashampoo to give away less than current versions of their programs thats fine too, I happen to disagree with them on this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.