Get alerts for Avenue A still, after SpyBl install...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FortunateOne77, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FortunateOne77

FortunateOne77 Registered Member

Dec 12, 2005

I've been running SpyBot Search and Destroy for six months or so. Seems to be a nice program, but one thing is annoying: it has a resident portion that alerts you when adware/spyware attempts to download, and I am constantly having to click "prevent installation" for stuff from Avenue A, Inc. and DoubleClick, from LOTS of sites I use a lot, like AccuWeather, CNet, etc. (There doesn't seem to be a way to tell the program to just *always, automatically* block those installations... grrrr....)

I was hoping that SpywareBlaster would be able to just permanently block those installations. Both Avenue A, Inc. and DoubleClick are listed in the list of monitored adware/spyware in SpywareBlaster, but I continue to get the alerts in Spybot Search & Destroy even after installing SpywareBlaster. Is this correct operation of SpywareBlaster??

Help, anyoneo_O Thanks in advance....

PS... Also using AdAware...
  2. Ginny bug

Ginny bug Guest

I too am having issues with Avenue A inc, It is almost as bad as cool search.bus
  3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

May 12, 2005
    West Aussie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.