Get alerts for Avenue A still, after SpyBl install...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by FortunateOne77, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FortunateOne77

FortunateOne77 Registered Member

Hi

I've been running SpyBot Search and Destroy for six months or so. Seems to be a nice program, but one thing is annoying: it has a resident portion that alerts you when adware/spyware attempts to download, and I am constantly having to click "prevent installation" for stuff from Avenue A, Inc. and DoubleClick, from LOTS of sites I use a lot, like AccuWeather, CNet, etc. (There doesn't seem to be a way to tell the program to just *always, automatically* block those installations... grrrr....)

I was hoping that SpywareBlaster would be able to just permanently block those installations. Both Avenue A, Inc. and DoubleClick are listed in the list of monitored adware/spyware in SpywareBlaster, but I continue to get the alerts in Spybot Search & Destroy even after installing SpywareBlaster. Is this correct operation of SpywareBlaster??

Help, anyoneo_O Thanks in advance....

PS... Also using AdAware...

2. Ginny bug

Ginny bug Guest

I too am having issues with Avenue A inc, It is almost as bad as cool search.bus

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.