get a free copy of MS Office 2007 or Vista Ultimate 32/64,etc.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jfd15, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

dont know if this has been posted here yet but(courtesy of Slickdeals) in return

for filling out a brief 15-min survey and letting Microsoft spy on your computer

for 3 months, you can get a free copy of Office 2007, or Vista Ultimate 32 or 64

bit, or a few others....

here is the link: http://wfp.microsoft.com/

ill try it...

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

no thanks.. not for me.. maybe on one of my old systems i hardly ever use.. that could be a good way to get ultimate for free.. hmmm but no way on my main system

3. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I'm going for it for the Office Ultimate.

They'll be sorry they let me sign up. I'll bore them to tears bouncing from political forums to security forums to Veteran's forums to History forums, while using KMeleon browser - and working in OpenOffice.

4. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Sadly it is for US only at the moment!

5. Dogbiscuit

Dogbiscuit Guest

Thanks for the link. :)

6. DCM

DCM Registered Member

Do you think that they could access your personal financial records etc?

7. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Windows Feedback Program Privacy Statement
    (Last updated October 2007)
    At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement explains data collection and use practices of the Windows Feedback Program (the “Program”); it does not apply to other online or offline Microsoft sites, products, or services. By participating in the Program, you consent to the data collection and use practices described in this statement.

Collection of Your Information
    We will collect personal information if you choose to participate in the Program. The personal information we collect includes your name, gender, e-mail address, city, and ZIP code. In addition, we will collect and store your survey responses. If you choose to participate in the automated feedback program, information about your software and your computer will be recorded and sent back to Microsoft. This information will be associated with your personal information. This information includes, but is not limited to:

Initial survey.
    Subsequent surveys.
    Usage behavior.
    Number and type of software errors encountered.
    Performance of software and hardware products installed on your computer
    File and folder structures on your computer.
    What transpired during a network problem, including data obtained from various network connections, components, and devices installed on your computer.
    System-specific information, such as network devices, drivers, and settings installed on your computer.
    Office Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) data.
    More information about this program and the privacy statement for Office 2007 can be found here. To display the privacy statement for Office 2003, please search for “Privacy Statement” in Office 2003 online help.
    Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) data.
    More information about this program can be found here. Please also review the CEIP disclosure within the Windows Vista privacy statement.
    Use of Your Information
    We use your information to operate the Program for research purposes to help improve our products and services.

We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.

Microsoft or its vendors may access and/or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Microsoft or the Program; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Microsoft (including enforcement of our agreements), or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Microsoft employees, users of Microsoft products or services, or members of the public.

Personal information collected by the Program may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Microsoft or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by participating in the Program, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. Microsoft abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.

Choice and Control
    Except as otherwise described in this statement, personal information you provide to the Program will not be shared outside of Microsoft and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your permission. If you decide to withdraw from the program, send us an e-mail at winpanel@microsoft.com with the term “remove” in the subject line, and we will take care of it. If you are a member of the automated feedback program, please also uninstall our software.

Please be aware that this privacy statement and the choices you make for this Program will not necessarily apply to personal information you may have provided to Microsoft in the context of other, separately operated, Microsoft products or services.

Access to Your Information
    You may review and update the personal information collected by the Program by sending e-mail to winpanel@microsoft.com. However, any information about your software and your computer is not accessible once it has been submitted to Microsoft.

Security of Your Information
    Microsoft is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we help protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.

http://wfp.microsoft.com/Privacy.aspx

8. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Of course you could just install a virtual machine for the sole purpose of WFP...

9. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

:D
    I bet that would be a violation of something.

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

11. Chuck57

I wonder if those of us who signed up before they yanked the offer are still eligible, since it was valid when we signed up?

I've emailed them, asking for an answer. If an actual yes or no isn't received in a couple of days, I'm dumping their software.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  12. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    If I ever fancy those (I won't), I'll see a mate of mine working at Microsoft, only 70 m from my own building, and buy a copy of those for USD25 each.
    Mrk

13. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

supposedly, acc. to Slickdeals thread the offer comes back from time to time..

i would bet it was their post that killed it, probably flooded microsoft

14. Chuck57

I'd buy a couple of copies of Office, one for my computer and one for the wife's at that price. But, after playing with it for a few weeks, I'd likely be right back with OpenOffice.

15. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

Did anyone else get the notice that their free MS software will ship soon?

i had their program on my computer for only about 2 weeks before i had to
    re-install the OS and i never bothered to re-install their monitoring program...
    now i got an email a few days ago that my free copy of MS Office Ultimate 2007
    will ship anyway...??

makes me happy, but as i only had their program on my computer for 2 weeks out of the 3 months it was supposed to be reporting, i wonder if there is some other reason for the panel..

16. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Spy on my PC for three months, sure no problem :rolleyes:
    15 min survey o_O That's where I draw the line. :rolleyes:
    Thank's anyway, but I'll pass. :thumbd:

17. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

@jfd15 - yes I got the notice.

Now to wait for my copy of Vista.

18. Chuck57

Yep, got my notice last week for Office. It should ship in another 3 to 5 weeks. I suppose I'll install it and see what it offers.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  19. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Same here, expecting Office Ultimate within a few weeks.

Oh, I installed this on a secondary laptop that isn't used that often and it was definitely worth the 3 months of microsoft watching my limited use of the machine to get Office Ultimate for free.

20. Chuck57

I installed it and when I heard they'd stopped the program thought I'd been aced out of a freebie, so uninstalled the program about a week later. I didn't do much different the next 11 weeks anyway, so don't feel like they were cheated. Same forums visited, same software used, only a few reference sites visited for something I'm doing. Mostly, working in OpenOffice or in Final Draft - a screenplay software.

21. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

yea, i dont feel like they were cheated...im going to re-install their monitoring
    software and let them spy for the 3 months they were supposed to get from me...they kept their side of the deal, so ill keep mine...

looks like their next offering is a lottery type deal for $10,000 - which is not
    very interesting to me as i never win those....i would rather have more software...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.