geswall

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by kamy, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kamy

kamy Registered Member

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just a notification. It,s related to IE interacting with AVG AV but I am not sure what is the purpose of this intercation between IE and AVG.

BTW I will suggest you to diable policy notifications so that you will not be distracted.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  3. bollity

bollity Registered Member

this means that geswall restricted access of intenet explorer to that file because internet explorer is running isolated.
    it is normal notification that you can disable and also you can allow internet explorer to access that file by making a rule in the console

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

When you run AVG, you have to add the AVG linkscanner files in your C:\Documents and Settings data to IE, not using GeSWall nor AVG at the moment, so by heart:

Go to your documents and settings, go to the all users sub folder.Go to the application data. When there are AVG folders just add them to Internet Explorer rules.

File Allow C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8 (for AVG AV including Linkscanner) or
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg8ls when your only using LInkscanner free

5. kamy

kamy Registered Member

:) thanks all thanks kess :)

aigle the avg to ie is because im using free avg link scanner sorry propbly should have metioned that :oops:

i will follow your instructions and allow kess and aigie i will turn off notification too thankyou all for helping :)

ps what are you using now kesso_O

6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Dutch version of DefenseWall, Iobit Security 360 Beta (file check off) and Avira Free (check on write only, becasue DW, like GW, also contains downloaded files, so you theoretically would not need an AV, as long as you don't install anything).

7. kamy

kamy Registered Member

Thankyou :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.