GeSWall + VLC?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Gullible Jones, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd like to isolate VLC using GeSWall, as I don't need to save anything from VLC and it's a bit questionable security-wise. So I opened up the GeSWall console, went to Applications\Multimedia, and added the VLC executable (vlc.exe)... But when I started VLC it wasn't listed among the isolated applications, even though I had set GeSWall to always start VLC isolated. How can I get this to work properly?

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Resource Type Access
    %HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Cache% File Allow
    %HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Cookies% File Allow
    %HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\History% File Allow
    \Device\NamedPipe\lsass File Read Only

I use VLC and this is what I have in my resources. I didn't add these rules so I suppose they are just part of the GW database.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  3. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

BTW if you are using the Pro version simply right-click on the icon in your system tray and select up date applications.

4. Oh... I have to add rules... D'oh! Thanks!

Edit: Aaaand... I didn't realize the Application Wizard existed. Double d'oh.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
  5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Pro version has pre-built rules, in free version u need to add rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.