GesWall = System Bricked

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 1boss1, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

2. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Thanks for reporting it aigle, i see you have linked back to this thread. However there's probably not a whole lot of point me registering there to make a post, as i can't really offer much more info beyond what i've posted here.

The system was completely ruined, so i can't access it to get any logs, debug data or anything of that nature that would help out the developer. It was an XP SP3 32bit fully up to date machine, and only NIS09 running (Firewall component disabled).

The one useful piece of data i managed to capture is this screenshot: http://i27.tinypic.com/nmddt5.jpg

During the uninstall XP started to make multiple sounds, like when you try and delete locked files and i managed to reel off a print screen and save the screenshot to my external drive before everything froze. The only non XP things in taskmanager were:

So i'm completely at a loss to what happened, the machine has run rock solid for almost 5 years.

Anyhow, i'm slowly putting humpty dumpty back together again. This time almost everything is a portable version of my applications, picking product serials keys out of a 100MB registry backup file is no fun lol.

3. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Just in case it would seem useful to someone.
    From the list of applications you've described there,i have(also had at that time) Directory Opus and unlocker.

4. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

yeh i had that isolating the whole system, but im afraid to say that was my fault for playing with geswall's resources, you can do some nasty stuff if you start making rules you dont understand that well :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.