Geswall free issue

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JoeBlack40, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

When i was using Geswall free and wanted to open the downloaded files outside GW,it was always asking me to run as Admin..I am the Admin,damn it!Anybody knows how to deal with this?
    PS.Now i'm using SBIE,but if i manage (with your help) with this issue,i'll reinstall Geswall on my system 'cause i really liked it.

2. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

if you want to run the file you downloaded, move or copy the file to another partition

for example: from C:\ to D:\

3. JoeBlack40

Thank you for your answer Konata.But..if i want to compare Geswall with Sbie and Bufferzone...why the heck do i have to move the files??To be honest,my interest in GW suddenly dropped down.I really didn't know how to open those downloaded files outside GW and now that i found out...it's better for me to stick with SBIE,and when i'm bored enough,with BZ.

4. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

5. JoeBlack40

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

if you are on xp, right click and select Mark as Trusted and then you can run files normally. On Win7 though, this function is lacking and a workaround is to except to cut and paste to other partition. There might be other workarounds though.

7. JoeBlack40

I'm on Win7... awful....if you know them by chance,i'm all years (eyes especially :) ).Thank you.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Sadly the development of geswall is stalled. It,s extremely usefull sogtware otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.