GeSWall cause my pc BSOD

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by sweater, Jun 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I am not sure if there were some incompatibilties with ProcessGuard, but GeSWall BSOD my system after I installed it. Maybe, coz they have the same kernel mode protection? o_O Did it also crashed in your machine w PG installed and running? o_O

2. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

odd, i've tried geswall with other apps (not processguard though) and i've never had a BSOD problem. i mean i've had geswall on with bufferzone running, or geswall with antihook, etc.. and i never had a problem. did you try asking your question in the processguard forum? maybe gavin or another PG dev can figure out what's going on?

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I used it for a few days in the past and now I am using it again( new version). No BSOD any time. But never used it with PG by teh way. Try asking in PG forum as suggested by zopzop.

4. passerby

passerby Registered Member

Hi Sweater,

Which version of Geswall are you running? Some versions below 2.2.5 caused me BSODs earlier, but since then, no BSODs. I never used it with PG though..

5. brent65

brent65 Registered Member

The problem's not with ProcessGuard, 'cause I was getting BSODs with GeSWall 2.3 without PG installed. What I did also have installed though, was Antihook, so the problem may lie in combining GeSWall with an antiexecute program like PG or Antihook. I'll try running GeSWall without Antihook and see if I get any BSODs.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am using it since many weeks. Yesterday I installed System safety monitor free version( that is a HIPS like PG and AH) and I have no issues so far.
    BTW, it is not related but I will suggest u to use SSM free version instead of AH or PG Free.
    Also try to write to GesWAll support. They respond well.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

just an update.
    New version of GesWall is released, it,s a minor GeSWall update that contains various minor fixes including "Blink effect" settings. Additionally new version allows to disable "colored caption" and use just caption button:
    1) open GeSWall tray icon context menu,
    2) select "Blink Effect" item
    3) and set "Disable".

They are planning to improve GeSWall Console and implement right click isolation as well.

http://www.gentlesecurity.com/download.html

8. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

aigle, i also heard they will be including some type of firewall features for an august upgrade. the server version of geswall already has this, but the free/personal edition will get it in august.

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s new for me but I will not like to replace my Comodo with anything else and I guess then it is going to make a conflict. I wonder why firewall in a sandbox?

10. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

hmm good question, but bufferzone home edition also has this feature. bufferzone is a true sandboxing program and it has a rule based firewall built in. the free version of bufferzone doens't have this option. i don't know how powerful or versatile the firewall is, but it's there.

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

OK, let,s see when it comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.