GesWall and Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by silver0066, Jul 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silver0066

silver0066 Registered Member

I am trying out GesWall as I have had many problems over the last two days with ....Wall which have not been solved by the developer.

GesWall works except I cannot open my Hotmail accounts in the C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Setting\Microsoft\Outlook folder. My personal folder for my main account is in the My Documents\Outlook folder and both Gmail and my ISP POP accounts open correctly.

Has anyone experienced this? I assume from the manual that it is because you can only open one process at a time.

Any solution would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Yes I saw your posts over at DefenseWall's forum.
    2.45 was just released yesterday as a pre-release.
    Meaning not final so there will be bugs/issues.
    So revert to DW 2.44 or wait for help from Ilya.
    He is very dedicated/helpful. You gotta give him a liitle time to sort out problems though.
    But if you do not want to wait GesWall is excellent also.

If you can not resolve your new issue with GesWall, you might want to ask here.
    http://www.gentlesecurity.com/board/

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
  3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Are you having a problem with GeSWall or DefenseWall?

4. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi,

Silver, the best way to solve an "issue" with GW is to check the log and find what restriction(s) create this problem.

Regards,

MaB

5. silver0066

Both. It is a good thing I have First Defense Pro or I would be in deep doo doo!

The problem I posted earlier with Outlook is with GesWall.

With DefenseWall I can't open a Firefox link from Outlook emails.

DW v2.44 just will not work on my system. Seems to be a problem with Vista Transformation Pack.

6. silver0066

I have been working with Ilya for three solid days. Back and forth, back and forth. He has been very responsive, but ineffectual. I am still trying to sort this out with him.

2.44 does not work at all and causes hard resets. First Defense Pro has saved my behind. If it was not for that program and StorageCraft, I would be reformatting right now.

Very disappointing to have to spend all of this time debugging after paying for the program.

7. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Funny how that can happen. It isn't a condemnation of a particular developer by any means, but sometimes the effort put forth begins to exceed the progress being made.

I encourage you to contact Brian for GeSWall support, post in the forum (where either he or a helpful member can assist) or follow MaB69's advice to, "check the log and find what restriction(s) create this problem."

I followed all three of the above methods to negotiate the learning curve, including extensive support from Brian Walche that eventually proved successful.

8. silver0066

Page42,

Thanks for the help. I have posted in their forum and sent an email to the Support website. I assume that is how I get in touch with Brian. I will look at the log files tomorrow.

Many thanks

9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

I am almost afraid to ask this question. I see your post in the GentleSecurity forum. It has gone unanswered since Friday. Three days is way too long for someone to wait for a developer (or anyone) to post an answer. Would you mind telling me if Brian replied to your email support request? :doubt:

10. silver0066

Yes, he answered it. However, while I was waiting, I switched back to DW and have been working with him on the 2.45 beta.

I will get back to GW later, but, at the moment, I am happy with DW.

Thanks for your interest.

Silver

11. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

The important thing is that you got things working and you're satisfied. Nearly everyone here puts those two side by side in matters of effectiveness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.