GeSWall 2.9.1

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by subset, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Beta testing should be available soon. Don't know when though.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

let us know please thanks buddy:thumb:

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i really want to test this one:cool:

4. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

I wonder how the security will be for 64 bit when compared to the 32 bit version.

5. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i use to love Geswall but for the past few months it wasnt behaving properly.
    tried it again a few days ago, the computer rebooted unexpectedly when trying to Run As Trusted a portable version of Foxit.

i hope other users are having better luck than me with Geswall.

it also doesnt help that its development is very slow.
    i have replaced it with Sandboxie which is way more stable on my machine.

6. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Still running it here,been using it with Rollback Rx for an entire year :D

Now with that said,will I run it for 2011,not sure yet.I've got Defensewall at my disposal,so we'll see.

7. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

I was using GeSWall and liked it but when Softpedia had the big discount on DefenseWall I switched to DefenseWall. Part of the reason was as you said the developers are so slow. They just don't seem to be too interested in it. If you go to their support forum it is pretty much dead. It is a shame because GeSWall is a good product. I personally did not have any issues with it. I just feel like if a vulnerability comes to light products like DefenseWall and Sandboxie will be updated before GeSWall ever would.

8. moontan

moontan Registered Member

you re the main reason why i got into Rollback RX.
    we re running similar setup so i decided to give RX a try.
    different from SD although with similar results, but with less inputs from me.
    both great apps imo.

happy new year folks! :)

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i just started to use GesWall starting jan 1/2011;) which me luck my friends:D
    it is running smo00th here:thumb:

10. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

One thing I like about products like GeSWall and DefenseWall is you hardly know they are there. :thumb:

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

plus the isolation enviorment that make your life more easy;)

12. _kronos_

_kronos_ Registered Member

How can you do when an application you want to isolate (possible threat gateway) is not in the rules of GW? and the application wizard does not create right rules for that application.
    I had some problems with msn and thunderbird, and i'm really annoyed:cautious:

13. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    When I try to run Adobe Reader X it opens up but it freezes. But then I disable GeSwall policy and Adobe Reader runs ok. But maybe Adobe reader is naturally heavy so I just decided to uninstall it and uses Foxit reader instead.

I was wondering why it happens so. Does isolation mode could affect some programs to behave unexpectedly like slowing down/freezing? and could also makes some cpu cycles to goes up?

GeSWall isolation technique could be one of the best protection invented, and the program just runs ok in the background and didn't bother me much like those branded firewall pop-ups.

The only thing I don't like on this program is the GUI. Hope they can improve the looks, but if it can only adds to "heaviness" and eating up more system resources...then the present looks are just ok.

What else should I need to protect my system if I have already GeSWall? Coz I think this was already "smart and thick" layer of protection.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  14. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

When I was using GeSWall I used Avira and Online Armor with it. GeSWall is great by itself. Add a decent AV and maybe a firewall and you are good to go. MBAM and Hitman Pro might be good options as well.

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i have geswall pro with hitman pro;)

16. sweater

I disable GeSWall when working offline, cz I think that it may possibly slowed down my pc a bit and that it could affect some programs.

When it was in a trial pro version the disable/enable was visible when clicking the tray icon, but when it expires it disappears...and the x disable mode in the tray icon I could no longer change. I have no way to change the tray icon into enable mode...it remains in the disable mode status.

How can I change the tray icon to enable mode status? This is a freeware version.

I have already uninstalled the program with Revo Uninstaller, delete all GeSWall entries restart the pc and reinstall it again but after the 2nd re-boot still the small red x in the GeSWall tray icon still never change. So I doubt, that even if it is in disable mode with red x if the program can protects my system.

Attached Files:

17. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Are you running the Behaviour Shield of Avast?

Maybe there is a conflict with GW :doubt:

18. sweater

Yap, I uses the new feature of Avast Free Antivirus - The real-time Behavior Shield coz it acts fast and in time. There could be a conflict...not sure.

I have already sent an email to GeSWall developer but their response was still zero. It could maybe that like their software...the upgrade/updates was so slow. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.