GeSWall 2.5 Professional Edition Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dmenace, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

i went to the GeSWall website; http://www.gentlesecurity.com/download.html; to find GeSWall 2.5 Freeware has now been released!

Furthermore a "GeSWall 2.5 Professional Edition" is available. Does anyone know what is the difference between the two versions? (Is there a comparison table anywhere?)

I will try it out in my VMWare machine and let you know what's changed.

2. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

3. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

Thanks, that is one difficult page to find! So they basically cut down the free version of GeSWall very slightly.

Edit:

So basically you can use version 2.3x, and get similar protection to version 2.5 pro. I haven't found a "What's New" section on their website so I suppose they have the same security but version 2.5 adds more programs. Does anyone know if there are any notable new security features in release 2.5?

4. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

Looks to me you are paying for the white list and settings for safe applications no?

Not a big deal..

5. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

If i understood them correctly, i'm uninstalling, or keeping 2.3.:doubt:

Freeware version only protects email client and browser??

If that's true, i have 3 possibilities: keep this 2.3 version, go for SandboxIE definetly, or try out BZ free version.

6. alfa1

alfa1 Registered Member

7. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

that test is flawed. GeSWall does not stop the malware. It tracks the files created and redirect the registry calls to a virtual registry. Because of this(no malware "separation"), GeSWall was no longer tested.
    That test methodology clearly favours the virtualization concept of Sandboxie, GreenBorder, DefenseWall, BufferZone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.