GesWall 2.5.1 Fails Martin's Undetectable Keylogger

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Thankful, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

3- I u want to change it for a specific application/ applications, u can do it in application rules. Se example for Opera.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      78.6 KB
      Views:
  2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Sorry to hear that. As I know there is a bug in GesWall beta version( not sure about non-beta versions). By default GesWall runs explrer.exe as trusted. Sometimes somehow GesWall starts running explorer.exe as untrusted that practically isolates whole of ur OS. The fix should be simple.
    Go to explorer rules and change rules for it from "trusted, autoisolation" to "always trusted"( default rule), reboot and it should be OK. U can do all this in safe mode if u ae not able to load desktop in normal mode.

BTW, which version of GW u were using as I only experienced it with curent beta, not with any non-beta versions. I have told GW support, they know the issue and hopefully will fix it soon.

Regarding safe mode, as I know, in safe mode GUI of GW loads but service does not, so even if u see explorer.exe isolated, infact it is not isolated as GW service is not loaded, it,s just the GUI.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Aigle, what happened was:
    The version of GeSwall I was using is a non-beta version. 2.5.1
    I don't know what bug was growing inside Geswall, it was so serious.

At that time, I was using the 2.3x version of geswall. The bug's symptoms started when I was still using 2.3x.
    2.3x
    -------
    Out of mem. error, normal mode desktop not loaded at all.
    -------
    Isolated the whole system, explorer.exe was not even isolated in the geswall console, but the whole system was isolated! mmc.exe in normal mode was returning errors and cannot launch the geswall console.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

BTW I will always prefer a clean install for GW.
    It would have been nice if u had saved at least the log files.
    Can u check if u have these files still there, C> Windows> GesWall> gswlog.

5. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Attached Files:

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. Log shows Explorer.exe running isolated. Same bug that I told before. I will however send it to the support as well.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Has reported it to the support and according to them it is a casual isolation of explorer.exe that happens rarely but still they are not able to reproduce the problem. It is different though from the bug I discussed about beta version that also results in explorer.exe isolation.

8. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi all,

I already reported this bug to support since 2.6 beta 1. Explorer was auto isolated when i reboot after a hard reset.
    It was possible to revert explorer to autotrust by using the caption buttons located on the systray (explorer restart at this time trusted) then launch GW mmc and switch explorer to autotrusted.

Even if sometimes you can have a few bugs, GeSWall is for me a top in sandbox/virtualization non trusted progs

MaB

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

As I posted acc to them these are two separate bugs in serapate versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.