George

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by KevinMillican, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinMillican

KevinMillican Registered Member

Is there any way to disable George's nags continuing to appear?

I've registered AppDefend but I'm still being nagged about RegDefend. It seems unreasonable to be forced to buy AppDefend as well just to get rid of these nag screens.

2. f3x

f3x Registered Member

hi Kevin,
    That is a good question.
    George apperas so many times in this beta as
    1) Appdefend is fully functional and never expire even in free mode
    2) It was the testbuild to show george.

Even Jason agreed that he overdone it on this beta as purpose ... it'll appear very less often in next version. Regarding george apearing when one product is registered, it was discussed and scheduled to change i beleive.

Please be sure you have the lastest version (eg the one on hte download site is one update behind lastest)

IF lastest still does it, then i guess you have to wait for next version.

--------------------------------

Btw if you have AD in full mode and RD set to disabled... does george still appear ?

3. KevinMillican

Yes - it's even worse than that - with RD set to disabled, George asks me to register AD !

It's pretty disappointing to hear that AppDefend never expires and is fully functional. It's unlikely I would have registered it if I had known this fact AND that registering would not clear these nag screens. I like the program a lot, and I am happy to pay for good software, but this is a really basic problem that should be fixed quickly.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  4. f3x

f3x Registered Member

It's pretty disappointing to hear that AppDefend never expires and is fully functional.

Well it's a "fully functinal" beta .... a bit like the free version of system safety wich is only a old version of it.

I agree than an interim release that fix easy bug, while waiting for the next full featured version migth be needed.

5. KevinMillican

Well I hope it's fixed soon - I am considering trying out the effectiveness of the 30day money back guarantee. Interestingly, the main AppDefend and Purchase screens of the Ghostsecurity website don't mention anything about AppDefend being a beta - though it is shown as such on the suite window title:-

http://www.millican.f2s.com/images/george.jpg

6. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Kevin,
    I think that this was missed initially because quite a few (if not most) people were already using RegDefend so they never actually encountered the annoyance. I agree with you that it would be very annoying to have to put up with the nags after purchasing (and I am glad that I encountered the products the other way around so I missed out)

It has been said that the next beta release of AD will correct the nags so that disabled components don't nag and the nagging happens much less often. I would give Jason a week or two and if he hasn't replied here (or released an updated beta) send him an email

Even if it is just a small subset of customers affected I am sure that Jason wouldn't want to leave people suffering George for very long.

7. KevinMillican

1 month and counting.

8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

George caused me to try out SSM. Sort of glad he did.

9. KevinMillican

2 months and counting

10. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

Been waiting over a year now. Gave up and moved on to SSM.

11. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Good idea. It is already remarkable how customers are disregarded by Jason.

12. Rodehard

Rodehard Registered Member

What really annoys me is that it was good software (still is but falling behind fast) and I paid for the whole thing. IMO Ghost and Diamond both have dumped on their customers. I don't care how good they are Im not paying for anymore batas.

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

We will let Jason's last public comment here concerning this matter be the final post info to this thread and if\when Jason is able to supply further update he can re-open the thread for comment.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.