Genie Backup Manager - Glitch

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by housepiglet, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. housepiglet

housepiglet Registered Member

I'm using Genie Backup Manager Home 8 on my Vista (ugh) PC.

I had an evaluation version of MS Office installed on my computer. I recently uninstalled it, and now when Genie attempts to run automatically overnight it puts up a dialogue box which says it can't find Outlook, and that no default email client has been specified. It doesn't start the backup until I've clicked on the 'Cancel' button, which means that backups no longer run automatically for me.

Can anyone think of why Genie is suddenly looking for Outlook? I didn't have Outlook installed on my last PC (which was XP), and that was never a problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

2. HAN

HAN Registered Member

3. housepiglet

Thanks very much indeed, Han! I didn't know how to go about setting defaults, but I've set it now to Agent (as that's the one I use) and I'll be very surprised if this doesn't sort out the problem.

Your help is much appreciated :D

4. housepiglet

Just dropping back in to confirm that this worked, and my backups are now happening overnight again. Thank you very much :D

5. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Glad it worked! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.