General Question

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by richard c, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richard c

richard c Registered Member

I ran a check on an open port with the "what is" request and the information
    came back with a Port Ref Gui with for example:- Port 123 Known to be used by Rat xyz does that mean (a) My system is infected with that particular Rat or (b) that is the usual entry port for that particular Rat.
    PLease advise o_O :doubt:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Richard, I doubt it is a RAT but PE just showing what could run on that port, if you do the same on Port 80 you will get a long list of possible malware.
    If the port is open and shown in red and you do not recognise the process then there could possibly be a Trojan, this would require further investigation.

HTH Pilli

3. richard c

richard c Registered Member

Thank you Pilli,so if the item is highlighted red that would mean that it is a trojan, its just that, that item is listed as the spyware doctor which i installed yesterday. that port is incidently 1049 would Spyware Doctor
    by classed as a form of rat even though it is a form of a virus detection
    software. Could it mean that I bought more than I bargained for.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Richard, Look at this thread, it depends on whether you have actually got SpyWare Doctor or Spy Doctor. If it is the former it's OK and is probably just checking for updates or reference information.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.