General Information

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by jamrein, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamrein

jamrein Registered Member

Hello, I have a question re: Trojan Defence
    Suite3.20.

1) When I launch TDS, I get the following:
    "Downloaded file was corrupt, trying next server". What to do?

2) Should target host be ( 127.0.0.1 )? Or should it be my
    IP address?

Thanks in advance

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Jamrein,
    welcome to the forum!

Do you have a registered TDS version?
    If so, you could go to the TDS site and download a new update.cfg file, put it in the TDS-3 directory overwriting the current one (every registered user should grab a fresh one occasionally as the mirrors change and are changed in order frequently) and try the update function again.

If your TDS is an evaluation version you can only update manualy during evaluation time going at the TDS site
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/index.php?page=update , get the update and put it in the TDS directory overwriting the current database.

Target host can be any IP address you want to test your TDS tools on. The localhost (127.0.0.1) is your own system you might like to see what the various tests do, yiou could like to see what happens if you put your public IP on it -- your firewall might be blocking it as it should, or you can put there an attackers (portscanners) IP to do your stuff on, or you can put URLs there to be resolved or whois-ed, etc etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.