Geez Bitefender, come on.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I tried to keep this from here, but you have no way of contacting anyone in sales or marketing without going through support which means you have to have an account. :mad:

I was trying to give some feedback on your email offer and Trialpay. I wont offer my suggestions here, but come on folks, it has got to be easier then the current set up of having to go through support. I mean are the people at the top, untouchable? The website should contain a direct link to sales if nothing else.

2. lu_chin

lu_chin Registered Member

3. gery

gery Registered Member

keep it trying
    effort has its own reward

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Thank you. I started out with them and just feel some current marketing ideas are a total waste. Especially since the product, in my view, ranks in the top 5.

5. osip

osip Registered Member

I roger that...

6. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

Well, you probably know there is an threat here :

BitDefender 2009 comments please

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=228429

BTW, i'm still waiting an answer for my question posted, but seems no one is willing to answer or nobody uses BD.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1380539&postcount=43

I'm fond too for BD and agree that constantly is in top Av's in previous years.

Niels, who is using this BD and who is close to BD staff is not here. I have wrote him an p.m. but i got no response since he is not around here for more than a month.

If i recall correctly when BD is installed, by default their HTTP scanner is set off.

And i constantly have some features disabled no matter what i do.

BTW, their forum seems abandoned and ruined. From what i can see, rarely there is someone from the company available there to answer to questions and mostly there are no answers.

Moderators are like "Lost in Space/Time Continuum".
    Either they are rarely there or there is no response.

Almost every time you will get an answer to your question :
    "contact the live support".

Sorry for this about their forum and i too, think that these is not the place for similar comments, but i have to say it and it's true.

Great difference from Avast forum.

Bitdefender has to to something about their forum. And to do it fast.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  7. progress

progress Guest

I agree ... :thumbd:

8. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

correct n thank heavens for that :)

9. EsoxLucius

EsoxLucius Registered Member

If you still can't contact anyone please give me a PM with how would you need to talk to and I can direct you that person. :ninja: J

10. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

USE THE BD 10 FREE AV FOR 98/ME PCS, BD FREE + WINPOOCH FOR 2000, XP, VISTA AND ASSOCIATE WINPOOCH WITH BD AV 10 FREE

BUT

IMHP.O.'dO NEVER PAY FOR THEIR STUFF!

DAVE -- SOFTWIN VICTIM!

11. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

LOL ,you still got some luck, youre alive and kicking :cool:

12. renegade08

Well obviously their 2009 Edition is totally useless.

If person wants to use it, well let just say it will have more luck to be hit by meteorite than to be protected with BD 2009. Odds are 1 million :1, that you have greater chance to be hit by meteorite.

I really don't know how are they developing products without listening the users ??

There is no wish list, bug list, solutions for problems.
    In their own forum, not Fan forum they are not posting. And BitDefender is not probably couple of people, so they don't have time to answer to some of the question.

Their answers are more sarcastic and arrogant, and most of the time i think that i'm watching bad copy of Jerry Seinfeld.
    Why? They are making bad jokes regarding the users.

With so many problems in BD v.2009 i think is not worth.

I don't know how their v.2008 performed and how good is it??
    Anyone have some experience with BD 2008 ?
    Maybe i will test it. They have almost similar engine and detection rates.

13. gery

gery Registered Member

I had it for a while and it kept crashing again and again.
    Secondly it is a little too complicated to work with its interface .Just like McAfee or smth else but i wouldn't say it is totally useless or worthless
    I have e feeling that they are trying to copy Nortons interface but i may be wrong

14. renegade08

Well, from what i have read from their forum from the begging of the postings for v.2009, is pure luck to go with BD.
    Whyo_Oo_O??

I have bad experience with BD. Some of the services were disabled and can't be enabled, i've tried several times with reinstaling and i have no luck.
    I even downloaded Net framework(latest version) 200mb just for BD and windows installer.
    I first uninstalled the previous version and installed Net framework, but with no luck.
    For program to function with Net framework, is not a recommendation for me.
    I don't know any other Av that requires this.

I just found BD 2008, which from what i can see can't be download from anywhere anymore.
    BD disables real-time protection, or it disables the whole AV protection suddenly. And there are plenty of other "bugs" like this.

One of the BD staff answering to questions said : That is "your" Av on "your" machine so it's up to "you" whether or not BD will work.

Imagine that !!!

So he is saying that you have to look-up for you AV like for a child or for a pet all the time to see if it functioning or it's not.

And same as taking care for a child/pet, if the AV doesn't works it's "your"(users) fault.

From saying of this BD employee, it's quite usual to all AV's to disable them self.
    Apparently Kaspersky also disables itself but we can't see that :eek: .

Oh, my god!

I mean, i can't imagine some company to give whatever software (Av or non Av software) non-functional. Stable product which is released but it has "bugs" like hell.

Probably they were working more on interface than on the program itself.
    BD v.9 and v.10 were quite descent nice, but way i see that they are going in wrong direction.

15. progress

progress Guest

Yesterday BitDefender shredded Winlogon.exe, bye bye Windows :thumb:

~Virus Total link removed per Policy~

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
  16. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello renegade08,

Since 23 rd February there are support people active. Before there was no real support. I thought that I should said that. Sorry for the late reply but I was very busy and I had some medical problems. That is also the reason why

You can still download version 2008:
    Internet Security
    Total Security
    Antivirus I've linked the English versions.

Kind regards,
    Niels

17. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Haha... that's just hilarious. :D

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

If you want quick support, use their Live Support service. I've used it twice and they helped me regarding serial number keys very fast.
    That was like 2 years ago or something like that.

19. raven211

Then who knows what happens using their support today? :blink: :D

20. Niels

Niels Registered Member

I suppose that you didn't forgot the many horror stories of AVG that removed a couple of times vital system files and that happened a couple of times. The faulty signature was very quickly solved. See this entry.

21. raven211

I don't doubt it - as it's to be and nothing else. I don't forget at all these happenings. I've seen a lot of real top companies be a subject of this problem through history. Really worrying that it's at all happening though... :(

22. Niels

Niels Registered Member

I am only angry because the way it(detection of winlogon.exe) is mentioned here, seems that BitDefender has a bad history of false positives. What isn't mentioned is that only during an on-demand scan it might be detected.

23. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Are you sure the file is in the correct location and is not infected by a file infector?

24. Niels

Niels Registered Member

It was just a faulty generic detection that on some systems (with a different language version of windows)flagged a clean winlogon.exe file as infected. It was winlogon.exe located in system 32 subfolder. I personally wasn't affected by this is issue. A file infector could be but BitDefender will never try to quarantine winlogon.exe only deletes the malicious files that are running under winlogon.exe.

25. renegade08

Hi Niels,

I can see than BD support has "taken over" the forum, which is good thing.
    Previously their forum looked like some horor movie.
    No problem for the delay of the reply.

Thank you very much about the links for BD 2008. I was looking all over the internet and only found at one place, but i think it wasn't the latest version.
    I suppose that this links are for the latest BD product that were released befeore introducing BD 2009.

I have had a terrible experiense with v. 2009, so i will keep a litlle scepticism.

Niels, can you please tell me, whether or not BD 2008 is more stable are usable than BD 2009 and does it has some problems that i should know.

From reading of the previous BD forum (not the new one), it seems like ver. 2009 is quite a hard thing to deal with.

Renegade

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.