GData spam protection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by beth1949, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beth1949

beth1949 Registered Member

Has anyone tried this with Outlook 2007 and windows 7? It seems to work fine in Outlook 2007 and XP, but not in Windows 7. The anti spam folder doesn't show up, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I am running the GData 2010 Internet Security. I have tried finding the answer on the Ultimate Internet Security website, but when I try to get to the forums or initiate a chat, all I get are error messages. Thanks for the help.

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Beth, I sympathize with your plight. Ultimate Internet Security is out of the U.K. and they've revamped their home page and I think there might of been a change in ownership as well,now I must admit this is speculation on my part. Their used to be easy access to their Forum but that hasn't been available for the last three or four months. The most immediate way to contact them is at their 1-800 number if it's still available,and ask for Matt Baker, he used to be my contact when I used G-Data,and generally was responsive to any query I sent him. The problem lies in the communication with the German Head Office,they have in my opinion the most unresponsive Customer Support Division in the industry. And I'm being extremely polite in my observation. But persist in your quest to have your problem rectified. But remember their are competitors that are perhaps more costly,but their Customer Support Network is responsive and readily available when you need them most. Sincerely...Securon

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! Beth the 800 numbers at Ultimate Internet Security...are as follows... From the US: 1-888-238-5686...From the UK: 0844 887 0000...International: +44 1483 600535...and it states that Support is initiated through Live Chat Only ! Best of Luck...Securon

4. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

Hi Beth - I am using W7 64-bit with Outlook 2007 and have had no problems. I always hate to uninstall GDIS2010 and reinstall because it takes so long but this might be what you have to do. BTW Ford Perfect stops by here once in a while and he is very helpful. You could PM him here or at Rokop Security. Rokop is a German forum so you need to translate the page and sign up for an account. GData is finicky but when it works it is great.

5. beth1949

beth1949 Registered Member

Thanks for the responses. One of the reasons I chose GData for my security was the fact that the UIS site was so responsive and helpful. I guess all good things must come to an end. My license doesn't expire until November so I have until then to find a replacement. It really stinks when you can't get help for a product that you paid for. As far as the anti spam situation in Windows 7 - it started working. I don't know why, but the anti spam folder just showed up. I suspect that maybe the folder doesn't show until you get your first piece of spam. It would have been nice to know this - would have saved me a lot of time. I sure do hope UIS gets it's act together!

6. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Registered Member

Hi Beth,
    you are absolutely right.

The anti spam folder will be created automatically, when the first mail has been classified as spam.

The are some rumours afloat, that a new structured international support will start up soon.

Regards
    Ford

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.