Gator & Wild Tngent

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Dave O'Meilia, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My computer is protected by Spyware Blaster which lists several Gator protections. However, my computer has recently been infected with Gator spyware including Gator files numbered up to 48. Why is this happening and Gator is not being blocked?

Similarly, my computer has recently been infected with a similar spyware program called Wild Tangent. I do not see it listed in the Spyware Blaster.

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Just checked and I have 7 different variants of Gator in the SpywareBlaster database. Are you updating regularly? Re: Wild Tangent, it is not in the database but have you downloaded any games recently or perhaps purchased any products which included games as a freebie? When I purchased my new Soft touch Internet keyboard, it included some neat games but after loading them I discovered I invited Wild Tangent which was unbeknown to me. :(

3. Yes I have updated regularly and completely. No I have not loaded any games or added any new hardware or software. Just can't figure it out. Thanks for the response. :)

4. AdamAntium

AdamAntium Registered Member

wild tangent comes bundled with lots of stuff. My friend had over 70 wild tangent files that all came bundled with a winamp skin! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.