GAOD- Paragon System Backup 10.5 Special Edition (English Version)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ams963, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Link: https://giveawayoftheday.com/paragon-sys-backup-10-5-spec/

2. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Thank you Amit :) I know many like Paragon products, but I had a bad experience with Backup and Restore 2011 free on Win7. It backed up fine, but the restore messed up the boot configuration and thought it was Vista, and placed a dual boot menu upon rebooting among a few other things that baffled me. I ended up at the time, fixing the mess with a macrium backup which restored just fine and corrected the issue. Also, Paragon support never answered my support ticket question about event viewer errors when mounting their images within Win7.

Certainly Paragon is capable, it just did not do the job I had expected from them, and I remember a few others stated similar problems on restore ending up with a dual boot menu among other things. I hope they have improved.

In my case, I do think I figured out what caused the problem...within the settings, buried fairly deep within the program, the boot settings were aimed at Vista, when I think I should have used the "inheritance" setting instead, which should not have manipulated the boot config or MBR, but simply performed a restore of the partition.

I never did try it again to confirm this, but that is what appeared to me to be a problem. Most it would appear though have had no problems with them, and that is a good thing, but I do wish they had at the very least responded to my one simple support question. They acknowledged it, but that was as far as it got.

Have a good day! :)

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

You're welcome Jim. :) And thanks for sharing your horror with Paragon.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.