Gamer-Modus ESS 5

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by darts, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darts

darts Registered Member

Sometimes my gamer-modus goes automatilicy ON and OFF again this takes about 3 seconds and then it's off again. I have a password set for ESS 5 how is this possible or is this a BUGo_O Also ESS 5 Freezes when i go too the logfiles from ESS 5 and i need too restart the system too get it too work again.
    I'am running Windows 7 32 Bit service pack 1.

Greats,

Darts

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Isn't your wallpaper changing or you use a static one?

3. darts

darts Registered Member

My Wallpaper isn't changing , wath is a static wallpaper? I use a wallpaper the same as i always did.

4. darts

darts Registered Member

Doesn't anyone else got this problem?? I can't even watch my logfiles because ESS 5 gets stuck at that moment!!!

Greats,

Darts

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

I posted https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=307915 I have disabled gaming mode as it seems to make no difference to performance, I have no scheduled scans. On auto it just keeps turning on and off, I have static wallpaper/ theme nothing changed, there's something about aero that confuses it it seems, probably only on certain configerations so don't hold your breath for a fix.
    It's still the lightest solution by far for gaming on this pc, even with game mode off.
    When it comes out of game mode I think, like norton it runs update etc so if it's turning on and off it's actually slowing performance rather than helping with it.

6. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

Hmm, time to disable it like I had to in Beta/RC!

7. darts

darts Registered Member

I've diabled my parentcontrol at this moment and now i have no problems with the gaming mode very strange. But i have a problem with watching the logfiles i hate that when i can't read it and it gets stuck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.