Game problem!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Antflash, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antflash

Antflash Registered Member

Hi!

When i want to play Age of empires 2 multiplayer, eset smart security firewall blocks it! I've tried to put the game in the "Trusted Zone". And when I was asked to allow or deny the communication 'in and out' I chose 'Allow'. But, still the game remains blocked:( . I disabled the firewall and then everything worked fine, I could play online.
    What should I do to fix it. Because I still want the firewall enabled (Of Course!) and also able to play multiplayer.

Thx in advance!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Try enabling logging blocked connections in the IDS section, replicate the problem and then check the firewall log for details about blocked connections.

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

If its a lan Eset seems to block netbios and IPX (old prot) you might have to move your network into local I belive it is. this also might be a problem with playing online. if you use Microsoft Zone or whatever it was called. make sure to allow it also mean it runs the ONLINE gaming version of it

4. Antflash

Antflash Registered Member

Yes, I did that. And this is what I found:

Communication denied by rule Block outgoing NETBIOS request

Communication denied by rule Block outgoing SSDP (UPNP) requests

How do I fix these?:doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.