Gah?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by erikguy, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Is F-Prot the same as F-Secure? If not then could someone please point me in the direction of an F-Secure test or comparison?

2. IBK

IBK AV Expert

3. mikel108

mikel108 Guest

With Respect:

The author of the first posted test must have been paid money to say that Bitdefender and AVG Pro 7(to which I own a valid subscription) were better than several of the big hitters in the industry.

BitDefender is good, but for the price I can think of better.

I was personally on the hunt for a new AV after AVG failed me one to many times. I was offered very valuable advice from many on the forum to find an easy to use effective AV. One name brought up often was F-Prot. I tried it, but it was not for me. I had 2 icons, and I had to go into the program list to bring up the main interface. It did use a small amount of resources, and I may have done something wrong. However I find that I perfer a product that runs everything out of one interface ( click the icon and run it from one window).

After trying several AV's, I ended up with F-Secure that was on a six month trial from MS. I love the product. It updates flawlessly(2 to 3 times a day). It is a click and point prog. And as a bonus it comes with the F-Secure branded version of Ad-Aware (Pro or plus...not sure). I will say though that you better have some RAM and processor speed to run it. It is not a real pig, but with 3 scanning engines (KAV, F-Prot and their own) it can use power. I am confident in the product and it has found several virus in the first few weeks. It is a bit pricey, at I think $70 USD, but this is a small price to pay, rather then sending or recieving files from associates.

4. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

Actually, F-Secure no longer uses F-Prot Engine. F-Secure has replaced it with its own engine.

I am also running F-Secure here, and I love it.

5. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

But Libra is only a modified F-Prot.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

6. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

Extendia AVK?
    ?

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

eXtendia are licensed resellers of the older version of GDATA AV; https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=57910
    The eXtendia AVK Pro is a multi-engined AV, similar to F-secure, but only has two engines; KAV and RAV.
    GDATA has two engines as well, but this time, KAV and BitDefender.

8. Diver

Diver Guest

Great name for a thread.

9. synapse

synapse Registered Member

hahahahah ROFLMAO

so would you say that a multi-engine AV product is better then say just a regular AV like NOD32 (theoretically)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.